Unfortunately we all have at least one friend or family member like this.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I would remind him that the government that opposes Second Amendment is the same government that ignored repeated requests for increased security at the Libyan consulate, and we know what happened as a result of this negligence. Look back at the news archives, you can pick a scandal for just about any week that Obama has been in office. Who are the real terrorists?

Hitchhiker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    My godfather is also a flaming idiot liberal. It is unfortunate, but they can't help that they have a mental disorder. :):

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Go after him from an unexpected angle.

Tell him that he sounds like George W. Bush putting people on his secret terrorist list.

I bet that somebody of his persuasion would not enjoy that.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpPABLW6F_A[/ame]

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I just pulled this off of facebook. It is a remark by a guy I was friends with in college (1979-1984) and haven't seen since. He lives up near Chicago and is a Godless flaming liberal. What would you say to an old friend who posts the following:

Isn't it time we considered the NRA a terrorism organisation?
    Uh, no! Why would he consider them such an organization when they're defending his right and hasn't paid a nickel into it. He must know what the NRA is and represents.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Here was my response:

My responses are in red.

Of course we back some restrictions, like the current Indiana laws on the books.
    Speak for yourself, I don't back most/all of the restrictions. :)
    We have plenty of laws and don't need more. Right now you can't buy or even posses a firearm if you are a felon.
    Partially true. A felon can petition to have their rights restored, including firearm ownership. And except for "serious violent offenders" in Indiana they can legally own and posses muzzle loaders/cap and ball and some antique firearms.
    You must pass a federal background check to purchase a firearm of any kind.
    Incorrect, you don't need to pass a background check in a non dealer ie private sale purchase unless it is an NFA item. Also no need for a muzzle loader/cap and ball and some antiques.
    You must be a US citizen.
    Incorrect. A resident alien can purchase/own firearms without being a citizen. I'm not sure about non-resident, but I believe at least some can.
    You may not purchase a firearm for someone who would not qualify.
    Partially true. I can purchase a handgun for my son or a long gun or handgun for my daughter who would not qualify due to age. Or any other minor with permission from their parent/legal guardian. There maybe other exceptions also.
    Licence to Carry Handgun Permits are closely reviewed by state and local police and held to an even stricter standard than gun purchases.
    Debatable. Some locals just glance at what you put down and if nothing jumps out at them, they just sign recommended and send it on. Also the state to the best of my knowledge just checks IN records and not all other states.
    Disqualifications include record of DUI or any violent misdemeanour's, such as assault, or those who have been arrested for domestic violence.
    A record of DUI or any other alcohol related arrests if they result in a conviction or treatment in an alcohol abuse facility can be a disqualification. If there are two or more and at least one of them is within 3 years. Same for drugs except the time frame is 5 yrs. If you were to state you cannot be an alcohol or drug abuser (per IN code) you would be correct.
    Misdemeanor assault(not domestic) or other violent misdemeanors is not an automatic disqualification either.

As much as I commend your efforts to correct antis, Even if they lie through their teeth, it's best if you are correct. Not insinuating that you were lying just misinformed or mistaken.

Top Bottom