• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    32   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    I can't imagine that I am the only one who loves these things on INGO. Well I was doing some surfing on www.govliquidation.com and found these bad boys 2420 - Tractors, Wheeled at Government Liquidationout in Washington state.

Now it isn't very often that you see Unimog's for sale or that you see this variant for sale. It says they paid $100,000 each. It appears that there are about a dozen for sale too!

So after seeing this i am driving home from work. Coming up Keystone Ave. around 38th street and what do i see. To my total amazement there were 2 of these on a flatbed trailer coming straight for me!

Did anyone else in Indy see this last night? It was about 5:45pm.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Another Mog lover here! I MUST own one someday.

A 416 DoKa (double cab) would be SWEET! I'd drive that monster to work every day, and wheel it on the weekends.

I think my wife would kill me if I bid on those......

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I can't imagine that I am the only one who loves these things on INGO. Well I was doing some surfing on www.govliquidation.com and found these bad boys 2420 - Tractors, Wheeled at Government Liquidationout in Washington state.

Now it isn't very often that you see Unimog's for sale or that you see this variant for sale. It says they paid $100,000 each. It appears that there are about a dozen for sale too!

So after seeing this i am driving home from work. Coming up Keystone Ave. around 38th street and what do i see. To my total amazement there were 2 of these on a flatbed trailer coming straight for me!

Did anyone else in Indy see this last night? It was about 5:45pm.
    I don't know if those are true Unimogs because I don't know much about who makes the Unimog. But those are made by Freightliner. There are 13 of them and the few that I looked at all stated "Does not run".

Now, "does not run" in most cases means "the battery is dead and we're too lazy to jump start it to see if it does run". But I would bid with caution. Also, there is an entire lot of parts for sale as well. Looks like a new transmission still in the crate, a crate full of misc part (I saw one brake assy), a spare cab, spare loader, and spare frame.

That would be a pretty sweet deal to buy a couple of those (may take two to make one good working one) and the parts and then bring it all back here. Those would be the ultimate.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I believe Freightliner imported Unimogs for quite a while. They might still. Either way, those are DEFINITELY Mogs. The "more info" link shows the engine man. as Daimler-Benz That one linked above is either a 406 (short wheel base) or 416 (long WB). Those attachments (front loader and rear hydraulic backhoe/hammer/saw) are worth a FORTUNE to 'Mog collectors.

There is nothing to those old diesels. "Does not run" likely means dead electronics. Did you see the mileage on that? 264 miles!

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    Not a Unimog,.... but an awesome truck.

Check out C&C Equipment specializing in M25A2 Military Surplus Parts and Custom Military Truck Builds.

This is a friend of mine who builds and sells these trucks on E-bay. He lives in Unionville and will build you whatever you want, with whatever options you want. The crew cab deuce and a half is a pretty awesome truck. Click on the tabs on the left side for the different trucks he builds.

You can also find his trucks on e-bay motors under the military section. I believe his latest crew-cab is on there now. I believe he also currently has some Unimog (Freightliner) trucks with the loader bucket and backhoe attachments listed on e-bay as well.

Dirty Steve

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Fine- I'll be the first one to post a photo :)
    f62o8.png

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

All this needs is a "Free Kandy" sign!

Partay wagon!
    erznF.png

Pinzies are pretty cool, too. Small, maneuverable, and super-simple air-cooled engines.

A few years ago I watched a bone-stock Mog 416 run a rock course at the 4WD Jamboree. LOTS of vehicles (Jeeps, buggies, etc...) got stuck or failed to complete it. This Mog crawled the full course straight through. Then, threw it in reverse and BACKED through the whole course. Impressive, to say the least.

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    I'll show some love for the Unimog, I'd love to have one! :rockwoot:

A guy in Bloomington, at Allroad Motorsports, was building this one years ago. I don't know if he ever finished it. It was pretty sweet. I had this guy rebuild and balance a turbocharger for me...

unimog.jpg

Top Bottom