Union Belle refuses to holster. Thoughts?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel Jack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 16, 2016
    North Liberty
    Why are all of you liberals trying to make someone else do something the way you think it should be done? Results count in the real world. Never been a problem. Just shut up and wait for the chance to say I told you so, or I knew that was going to happen.

Telling me I should just let my old lady blow her ass cheek off so I can say "Told ya so." She's already lost a knee.

Not Legit.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Hm.. be careful.. at least your lady has hers on her body. To much convincing and she might end up with the thing in her purse. Which just makes for a happier criminial when they swipe her purse after the shooting and find a 500 dollar bill loaded with hollowpoints.

id even go as far as to say unchambered with no holster is better than chambered in a purse.

just some thoughts.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Telling me I should just let my old lady blow her ass cheek off so I can say "Told ya so." She's already lost a knee.

Not Legit.

Coach has taught some female firearms classes along with a whole lot of others. You just need to send the old lady to him.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Hm.. be careful.. at least your lady has hers on her body. To much convincing and she might end up with the thing in her purse. Which just makes for a happier criminial when they swipe her purse after the shooting and find a 500 dollar bill loaded with hollowpoints.

id even go as far as to say unchambered with no holster is better than chambered in a purse.

just some thoughts.

I am not sure I agree with you. Not sure if I disagree either. If my wife lost her purse the handgun would not be my first concern. Car keys, credit cards, ID, cell phone. Lot of valuable stuff in a purse. Yeah the criminal gets a gun and that is never good, but criminals already have plenty of guns so nothing really changes as far as that is concerned. My counter aurgement would be that a gun in a purse forces people to actually look after their purse. Also a purse allows a person to carry a larger more capable firearm.

Anything other then on a belt in a proper holster is an alternative position that has disadvantages.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    I am not sure I agree with you. Not sure if I disagree either. If my wife lost her purse the handgun would not be my first concern. Car keys, credit cards, ID, cell phone. Lot of valuable stuff in a purse. Yeah the criminal gets a gun and that is never good, but criminals already have plenty of guns so nothing really changes as far as that is concerned. My counter aurgement would be that a gun in a purse forces people to actually look after their purse. Also a purse allows a person to carry a larger more capable firearm.

Anything other then on a belt in a proper holster is an alternative position that has disadvantages.

We agree on belt+holster being correct, the reasons you listed can be remedied fairly easy. Cancel cards, have a spare key, cell phone insurance. A new ID would suck but can be done. If the gun disappears you just lose it. a purse never stays connected to the shoulder for long. At work it gets locked up in the back at a friends house it gets put in the closet. At the grocery store it gets left in the floor board because the cat litter is to heavy so you just bring cash or the wallet. Im not saying every case is the same but ive witnessed all this happen. And at least 50% of the time the purse stays at home anyway.. The gun quickly becomes a talisman when it isnt connected to the person. Id much rather my lady carry her gat condition 3 aiwb than in her purse at all.

but its cool. Im still trying to convince my lady purse carry is a disadvantage. :(

Rebel Jack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 16, 2016
    North Liberty
    Purse always stays in the Jeep. She's not really a purse kinda Gal but "on the body" or not at all is the order of the day around here. We agree on that at least.

Last edited:

ikendrick15

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2016
    Evansville
    To me that is just dangerous and the excuse that she's always done it that way definitely doesn't add a layer of protection it's just laying a trap of over confidence. At least something simple like a kydex trigger guard holster would be a vast improvement.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    To me that is just dangerous and the excuse that she's always done it that way definitely doesn't add a layer of protection it's just laying a trap of over confidence. At least something simple like a kydex trigger guard holster would be a vast improvement.

Reminds me of what we may or may not have told a girlfriend in our youth... "c'mon baby! We dont need a condom! I've had sex plenty of times and not got anyone pregnant. Dont worry!"

Top Bottom