• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Do me a favor and dont include groups that you obviously know nothing about. I am a nurse and make more an hour than you do...whoopee..who cares. If you are bummed get a job where you cant be easily replaced.
    Better yet get a new graduate nurse to care for you when you have just had open heart surgery. I will personally get your HRC paperwork out (basically you are a dead man). I dont complain when I pay my doctor cause I have seen what they go through on a daily basis.
    I do know some people that work at the Fort Wayne GM plant that make more than me. Is it fair?
    I can save your life....they can build you a car...hmmmm.
    Until I stop seeing idiots that cant spell their own names making more money for carrying a football or throwing a ball through a hoop in one year than I will make in my lifetime......

I am so upset I cant even finish coherant thoughts....lol

Pay has nothing to do with saving a life or how hard you work. It never has and it never will.

How much demand is there for a set of skills and abilities? How rare is that set of skills and abilities? Those two things and only those two things have ever and will ever determine someone's economic worth.

Many, many more people are capable of being competent nurses than are capable of being competent NBA basketball players. That wouldn't mean crap if no one wanted to watch basketball.

When thousands of people want to pay 75 bucks apiece to watch you nurse you will make NBA money. Oh wait...you'd have to be one of the top few hundred nurses in the world. Maybe you are....

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Pay has nothing to do with saving a life or how hard you work. It never has and it never will.

How much demand is there for a set of skills and abilities? How rare is that set of skills and abilities? Those two things and only those two things have ever and will ever determine someone's economic worth.

Many, many more people are capable of being competent nurses than are capable of being competent NBA basketball players. That wouldn't mean crap if no one wanted to watch basketball.

When thousands of people want to pay 75 bucks apiece to watch you nurse you will make NBA money. Oh wait...you'd have to be one of the top few hundred nurses in the world. Maybe you are....

can't rep you, Dross, but I would if I could. If one thinks this is not the case - I would suggest asking a professional lacrosse player - or [insert uncommon sport here that people don't pay to watch]. Just as dedicated to their sport - and a lot poorer.

The fact is - I agree that nurses are hugely valuable. And you DON'T want a bad one! My brother recently went through a MASSIVE series of operations. (Whipple - for those of you who know) Believe me - those skills are valuable when you are in that position and your life is on the line. That said - it's supply and demand. The numbers of nurses is growing - people see it as a good profession and are joining up. Even Obama, Pelosi and Co. can't change the law of supply and demand... although they sure are trying.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I am a nurse and make more an hour than you do...whoopee..who cares. If you are bummed get a job where you cant be easily replaced.

Whoopee do you are a Nurse...
    Congrats. So what. I can disarm Mines and Munitions from around the World with a Gerber. I can also operate proficiently Weapons systems from Most major Countries (especially the big stuff with tracks).
    Here is your cookie...

Better yet get a new graduate nurse to care for you when you have just had open heart surgery. I will personally get your HRC paperwork out (basically you are a dead man).

A new Nurse can't be anymore cherry than what I tend to deal with when I get hurt. Our Med Service has an insanely high turnover rate, yet they save an insanely high number of their guests...
    I think you need to check your attitude at the keyboard. Lest you can not back up your ego...

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    These union people won't even allow things to be voted on and the company that wants to buy the plant is making a great offer. I could only wish that, when these people are unemployed, they get absolutely nothing in the way of taxpayer assistance.

What the _______ Are They Thinking? | Indiana Barrister

These people have the opportunity to get a good deal, but they want the world.

I didn't read this article...

But the news piece last night was basically "The rank and file WANT this new owner" and the opportunity to work. The International Union thugs and a very vocal minority of workers are the ones that don't want the deal done.

There was a youtube clip on TV last night that had the rank and file shout down and run the Intl. reps out of the room.

Good for them, good for them, GOOD FOR THEM.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    When thousands of people want to pay 75 bucks apiece to watch you nurse you will make NBA money.

Or when government takes money from other citizens and builds your team owner their own facility. That way the team owner can then afford to pay you more. So get the government to build your office building or hospital, that will free up money to pay you more.

Top Bottom