• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've always been intrigued with things that have unique features or mechanics. This is especially true with firearms.

Guns that fall into this category:

Nagant Revolver because of its gas sealing cylinder and fore-skinned cartridge.

762+Nagant+Revolver.jpg

Webely-Fosberry revolver because recoil cocks the hammer into S/A. It's like a semi-auto revolver (very cool)!

1287752165.jpg

Luger Semi-Auto 9mm pistol because of it's use of a recoiling toggle instead of slide.

MVC-005F.jpg

I'm looking to learn what else may be out there that would fall into the "unique" category. If they exist on the market at a reasonable price (like the nagant), then that's even better! :yesway:

So what do you know?

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    The Swiss Schmidt Rubins seem rather unique to me. The straight pull bolt has always intrigued me. I guess you could also throw the Austro-Hngarian M95's into that as well ;)

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    That's cool! I've always wanted a Nagant pistol.

I've been fascinated with the Henry AR-7 survival rifle, and to a lesser extent, the Marlin Papoose. Springfield made one with a .410 barrel over a .22 or .22 Hornet that was really cool.

I can't wait to see what other innovative firearms are posted in this thread!:rockwoot:

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I have a10mm Springfield 1911 linkless, not the Omega. I think its kinda unique. But I am easy

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Wow, yea that HK P7 definitely fits the bill... Nothing about it is normal. Very Cool!

This guy seems to break it down pretty well. Nice mention!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGO-z04V4gE&feature=related[/ame]

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Mosin nagant. There were a ton of them made but it was the only bolt action not to copy the mauser design

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    1st KUDOS for picking the Webely-Fosberry semi-auto revolver, Used in the Maltese Falcon and a pure English Beauty.

a couple of more nominations here..

The 1st model Gatling Gun by Richard Gatling , It used reloadable percussion chambers that were to use the old paper rolled bullets to reload, Then the second model used the newer metallic rimfire catridges. So the Gatling, In the start of a new age of rapid fire weapons, has roots in paper catridges.

v5ajr8.jpg

15zs0mh.jpg

Then not really a weapon, but an accessory for the M1 Carbine, is the M3 Infrared Scope from the 50s. So damn big and ugly that it has to be cool. Not to mention this is the favored weapon of THRUSH agents in the old MAN from UNCLE TV series.. And Charlton Heston cleared a whole street full of Zombies/vampires in OMEGA MAN with a BAR and M3 scope

fdavpf.jpg

35jgn7q.jpg

Another is the Burguss Police Folding slide shot gun, Invented for guards for transporting prisoners it was designed to be carried like a pistol. None other then Pat Garrett (aka the Lawman who Killed Billy the Kid), was packing this the morning he was assassinated.

Link to gun

The National Firearms Museum: Burgess Slide Action Folding Gun

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I have a couple of nice firearms that may be considered rarity. A DWM artillery Luger that was nickeled by a German officer before ww2 broke out (includes original buttstock with matching numbers). It's an awesome handgun that took a long time to get the full story on. Another is a Walter PPK "nazi political party" model with swastika grips. Number 3 is a walther PP chromed with elaberate engraving. Done in the 1930's by the german owner. These are the 3 most significant of the multiple handguns brought home by my grandfather after WW2. Total he brought back the following:

Luger artillery 9mm
    Luger standard 9mm
    Walter P38
    Walter PPK 7.65
    Walther PP 7.65
    Remington 1911
    Astra 400 9mm largo
    Astra .25
    German .38 revolver

Also inheritated from my grandfather was a Winchester mod. 12 16gauge in perfect condition and a .22hornet that isnt collector quality but important to me.

Gandrews1450

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2011
    Centerville, IN
    My biggest problem with the survival rifle is that it has a plastic sleeve barrel slot. I wanted one for so long but was turned off when i saw that as soon as the plastic tit wears out your gun is shot. not literally

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Not much out there more unique than the HK P7 series.

11ipc8p.jpg

not to steel any thunder from the owner of this...

But he's told me a little about this pistol.

Simply fantastic. This particular configuration really & truly is a needle in a haystack.

While a rather mundane P7 wasn't for me... I might could get used to a P7M13 with a threaded barrel! :D

Top Bottom