• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    Hopefully he'll stop back by the thread and give the details himself...

-J-
    It is a NIB p7m13 SD. 1 of 50 made in 1995 for a government contract that never took delivery. They sat in Germany until a few years ago when the president of HK USA was on a visit and cut a deal to have 34 imported ( that's why the KF date code,but Trussville import) This was also the same visit where the deal was struck to make the last stainless USP's was made. HK USA kept the 34 for VIP sales only and each gun sold had to be approved. I have a friend that works for HK USA who told me about these and with much difficulty was able to get it approved for me.

a81ms.jpg

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    colorado
    At one time i owned a daisy VL22 ,it shot caseless 22 bullets that had a cake of powder glued to the base that was ignited by compressed air.
    Daisy built them for 2 years and then they were told by the ATF that they were technicaly building firearms without a license,so they ceased manufacture.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    images
    Wow no ones mentioned the Gyro Jet. This pistol used self contained ammo that was more like a small rocket.It was prohibitivley expensive as was the ammo .Had other problems as well such as that it did not gain max speed until several feet from muzzle (1200FPS) & wasnt very accurate

Dirc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Noblesville

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    The Mateba Autorevolver is pretty unique.
    So is the Rhino, which shoots from the bottom of the cylinder to reduce muzzle rise.
    I've wanted a COP 357 derringer for a while, it's a 4-shot pepperbox 357.
    Then there's the Gyrojets from the '60s.
    Calico is an odd brand with their huge helical magazines on top.

Now that Mateba really gets my heart racing.. 1st I had heard of those.. So when I 1st see it I think wow great a chance to get an auto revolver and not pay the 5k for the Webely-Fosberry.. Then I find out that the Meteba is pretty rare.. Mucho thanks for turning me on to the mateba

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I've always been intrigued with things that have unique features or mechanics. This is especially true with firearms.

. . .

I'm looking to learn what else may be out there that would fall into the "unique" category. If they exist on the market at a reasonable price (like the nagant), then that's even better! :yesway:

So what do you know?

For fans of 1911 pistols there is nothing more unique or innovative than the mid-1970's Detonics CombatMaster pistol. The developer of the little CombatMasters holds more 1911 patents than anyone except John Moses Browning. He solved the stainless steel galling problem and developed the first semi-auto stainless steel pistols, all manufacturers now use his process for their stainless guns. He developed the multi-spring captured recoil assembly. The coned barrel that is currently used on many target grade pistols and virtually every compact 1911 pistol. They found that increasing the grip angle reduced the muzzle flip and slightly changed the grip, then combined that with the multi-spring recoil assembly to make, what Col. Jeff Cooper proclaimed to be the softest recoiling 1911 ever designed. There are dozens of other things making the CombatMaster a totally unique animal of its day, but one that paved the way for today's modern 1911s to copy.

This gun, from my collection, is one of the very earliest CombatMasters known to exist in private hands, its in virtually NIB condition:
    pix2101866328.jpg

This gun, also from my collection, is the 1st production CombatMaster off the newest production line, its designated the MTX model, it maintains many of the original patents, but is much more modern and uses a fully CNC'd aluminum frame and grip that are modular so the grip can be removed from the frame and swapped with a longer grip. This grip is the compact grip and holds 12 rounds of 45acp but, because it is CNC machined both inside and outside, it is lighter and has a smaller grip circumference than a traditional 1911. The grip angle is more in line with the Browning HP and further reduces muzzle flip, making this model the softest shooting 1911 ever produced.
    1stDetonicsMTXproduced.jpg

For more information about the development of the Detonics CombatMaster see some of its history here => http://www.biggerhammer.net/detonics/detonics_history_patyates.html

Dirc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Noblesville
    Now that Mateba really gets my heart racing.. 1st I had heard of those.. So when I 1st see it I think wow great a chance to get an auto revolver and not pay the 5k for the Webely-Fosberry.. Then I find out that the Meteba is pretty rare.. Mucho thanks for turning me on to the mateba

Every time I've seen one for sale it's been close to 2k.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Some very cool mentions. I doubt I'd have gone along with a semi automatic revolver unless I'd seen it. It would not be the first time, either.:rolleyes:

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Philip's and rodger's model 47 medusa. Can safely chamber and fire over 25 different cartridges.

Well that was one fine pistol, loved all the range of rounds it would shoot... But I must be honest loved the idea of using it as a survival pistol.. But those darn cylinder fingers looked to be the real weak point of the gun..

Would really like to see it eat a 30 carbine round.. that sounds to much .. what a range 380 to 30 carbine.. Now thats neat..

Top Bottom