• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    LOL, you understand that BugI02 and some of the other airline employees ... [snip]

Unwarranted assumption, counselor. I have never worked for an airline. I did consult for one over twenty years ago, which is where I met my wife (and gained my insight into how things really work)

Perhaps you should use discovery more effectively and emotion less so

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Why the hell are a bunch of people on here howling for Uniteds corporate blood with only the 'facts' presented by old media and social media. Have we still not learned that "... if it bleeds, it leads"

Without the footage, is this not "hands up, don't shoot" all over again in microcosm. Did not Obama apologize for a great deal of past American actions? Do you agree that that alone makes these actions wrong? Think outside the box (the courtroom)

United likely (caveat because I don't and likely will never know) apologized to calm the social media ****-storm. An economic decision, just like bumping people to accommodate necessary crew
    Are you under the impression that if United's apology is a lie made out of corporate economic greed I or anyone else who gives a crap about honesty will somehow think better of the organization?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Unwarranted assumption, counselor. I have never worked for an airline. I did consult for one over twenty years ago, which is where I met my wife (and gained my insight into how things really work)

Perhaps you should use discovery more effectively and emotion less so
    I stand corrected then, airline employees and airline subcontractors. You know, that group of people that receives or has received money from the airlines in return for work. Is that better?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That's a hell of a non-sequtor, I am really unclear what point you were trying to make. Besides, I don't do Facebook or Twitter and I was unaware that I approved of anything on either of them.

I thought by spineless cowards you must be referring to the people who attack United remotely via electronic outrage

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    14 CFR 121...all of it.
    You must have missed your calling since apparently you can find what all of United's lawyers put together can't! You also can apparently read BugI02's mind! Or maybe the lawyers came up to Munoz and said "you know we were required to do this by federal law, maybe we should point that out" and instead he just decided to say we were wrong and apologize?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    I thought by spineless cowards you must be referring to the people who attack United remotely via electronic outrage
    No, I was referring to spineless coward's who would apologize for the wrongdoing of their employees when their employees had done nothing wrong thereby throwing them under the bus out of corporate greed. You know, what you and tlex have both said is probably United's practice as regards the matter.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well, I think we're at the WWI trench positions, where neither side gains any ground.

You know
    A regular INGO thread.

Do join me.

q03NA.gif

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Preach it! Saying a prayer for all you guys around that stuff at work. Hope no one gets hurt.

They called in one of the few bosses I respect.
    But he's surrounded by a bunch, that I don't.

They'll get it down.
    That's the easy part.

Making sure it doesn't slip, or come off the hooks is the difficult part.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    They called in one of the few bosses I respect.
    But he's surrounded by a bunch, that I don't.

They'll get it down.
    That's the easy part.

Making sure it doesn't slip, or come off the hooks is the difficult part.

I have a tremendous amount of respect for you steel mill guys. Earlier in life I worked with a good deal of heavy construction equipment but nothing even remotely like the stuff that you guys do. Plus, burns scare the hell out of me.

Top Bottom