• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    I just finished watching the OP's video. I was going to list out my disagreements with his video but you all have voiced them for me. What I really didn't like was him saying that there was nothing to worry about over and over. Really? With THIS president in office? Obama has proven that he has no respect for the US Constitution and will ignore it at will.

I don't buy into the hype and hysteria. But, I don't see any reason for my concerns to be soothed either.

Here is an article that I read just this morning from The New American Magazine: Hours After Reelection, Obama Green Lights UN Gun Grab

The issue some people like the OP are missing is that the treaty grants the UN the power to regulate small arms among member nations. The US is a member and if we ratify the treaty, we are bound by any NEW regulations drawn up by the UN under the treaty. The UN has made it clear they will accept nothing less than total gun bans with no grandfathering for private citizens. So, even if the treaty does not appear to apply to us, rest assured that in the future it will.

One thing that this treaty addresses(according to my link) is that if member states(i.e. United States) cannot eliminate small arms legislatively, then the UN will have the power to send in UN troops into the countries to do the job themselves.

Is it time to panic? NO. Is there sound reason to be concerned? ABSOLUTELY!

Now, please excuse me while I go out and purchase the guns on my wishlist! :patriot:

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The funny thing is the people applauding the video would be the first ones to ridicule some guy making videos in his mother's basement if he had been on the other side.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Why would the U.S. want to cede any authority to regulate any portion of the arms trade to foreign powers?

While I agree that panic is not called for....actually, panic is never called for. I am getting a little tired of hearing something along the lines of: "don't worry about the politicians we just elected, they can't really do the things they want to do."

To me, that seems to miss the entire point. If we keep people out of office who want to do things we don't like, we don't even have to worry about whether they can actually do these things. Though, I guess we all have to get to sleep somehow.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Fear mongering? Tin Foil Hat stuff? Gee let me think real hard. The fear mongering crap first sent ammo prices sky-rocketing back in 2008. Continued rumors about this and that have kept both the sales and prices of both guns and ammo at tremendously inflated prices.

So who gains from all this fear mongering? Think real hard now, who has shown real profit in the last four years, who's stock is increasing in value. That is right those that manufacture both guns and ammo. So every time you hear about a new gun ban or UN treaty consider where those rumors might be coming from, or at least who might be supporting such rumors...

This tin foil hat moment brought to you by TopDog - conspiracy enthusiast extraordinaire. :D

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Obama supports the UN - one world government idea. Also, don't forget that he has violated the Constitution multiple times already with his Executive Orders - completely going around congress when he knew - or believed - that he would lose with congress.

He doesn't allow the laws of the land to interfere with his plans.

On another note - the so called ban is to stop the illegal gun sales/transfers (their words). So - does that mean they are going to go after Obama for his gunrunning? :D (think Mexico/Lybia, etc)

chibicascade

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Terre Haute
    right before I saw this video, my cousin sent me some video Glen Beck did about it trying to get me angry. I went around looking for more info (I never trust anything he says without sources) and found this video. I actually had to calm down my cousin in this case

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Obama wants the gun ban treaty. And he would prefer it go through the UN (so that he won't look like the "bad guy") He did send them a message that he was ready to sign on.

(He better hope they don't go after the "gunrunners" too hard and find out about his involvement in the Fast & Furious and Benghazi "arms trade" deals.) (But, I would LOVE it! :D)

And, I don't believe he's too worried about Congress getting in his way, or even the Supreme Court - he will just go around Congress again (illegally) with no need to appoint anyone to the SCOTUS.

(I'm still praying for impeachment/trial for treason.)

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Thanks for the cold hard facts. I mean this guy must know what he's talking about, after all he has his own youtube channel. :rolleyes: I'm sure he is in with the O and all the other politicians in Washington. Move along folks nothing to see here.

lawrence1139

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Muncie
    You and l should not fall asleep on the matter. Give it another 4 years and we will not know what hit us if we do.
    My personal experience first hand. If we give anybody the power to regulate what we can and cant buy not just guns and ammo then they also will have the power to take it away.
    My home country Australia did just that. So dont think for one minute that the US government would not want the same here.
    Now how did they know l had firearms. To buy a gun in Australia they had to be registered. In the mid 90's semiauto, pump action shotgun and semiauto rifles were BANNED.
    Now that they were banned, a 10 year study was done on crime and guess what was found. Crimes with knives went up.
    As of right now you are not allowed to carry on you any kind of knife at all. If caught you recieve a fine and lose your knife.
    We all have to choose our battles some are worth fight for and some not. In the end the FIGHT to keep our gun is worth it as if we lose that fight everything else with fall after that

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Because this treaty would deal with registering, tracking and banning certain weapons and magazines I think it bears watching. Riducle me if you like, I am used to seeing the "tinfoil hat" argument on this forum whenever someone runs out of legitimate discussion points and wishes to discredit the other party. It falls along the line of "that's racist" or "that's sexist" or "your punctuation is all wrong". Poor and well worn debate tactics all IMO.

Last edited:

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    We all know that if Obama had his way, ALL guns would be banned here.

He will try any way he can to get the job done. Either by going through Congress to get laws passed - (he knows he won't get anywhere there)
    Or by using the UN gun bans (which we will fight)
    Or by Executive Order (which would be illegal - and we would fight)

"Dictator" Obama is on the losing end of this debate, period!

Oh, sure, some would give their guns over, but the majority of us won't.
    Obama is a fool if he thinks a piece of paper will get the job done for him.

Top Bottom