• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    In order for those with strong religious and strong non-religious beliefs to have a place to duke it out and not derail perfectly good threads, I have created this thread as a place to take your perfectly good religious arguments.

For the Record... I'm religious and Christian, but I'm not as well versed in religion as some here are. Maybe I, along with others, can learn something with this thread, as well as keep other threads on track. :)

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    INGO has officially become home to more Christian-haters than any other place I read. Note that I did not say atheists, I am talking about people who literally have disdain for the entire faith, and constantly use examples of human sinners to represent what the faith stands for.

I'm sorry for whatever Earthly person did to turn you so vehemently against God. It makes me sad.

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    INGO is a gun related forum, not a religious forum; IMO, this doesn't belong here, but I am curious...

What other gun related forums do you read that you're referring to? I'd be curious to know their policies on religious topics, and if that has any bearing on your perception as to the quantity of haters here versus there.

For the record, again, as posted in the other thread...I believe in God, and worship in my own ways; I won't discuss details of that here, and won't try to convince anyone else to change any of their beliefs. INGO isn't the place for it, IMO.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    For me, I'm referring to all of my internet and TV and internet usage combined, there is more anti-Christian flak thrown here than the rest combined. Not necessarily other gun boards.

Of course, I avoid garbage like Bill Maher and lefty websites, so maybe I'm just sheltered from the latest trends.

I don't really feel like INGO needs any extra policies on the matter. Obama passed a Hate-Crimes bill that will eliminate this sort of thing.

ETA: The Hate-Crimes bill doesn't apply to Christians. Oops.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    INGO has officially become home to more Christian-haters than any other place I read. Note that I did not say atheists, I am talking about people who literally have disdain for the entire faith, and constantly use examples of human sinners to represent what the faith stands for.

I'm sorry for whatever Earthly person did to turn you so vehemently against God. It makes me sad.

Atheists are like Jews, Budhists, Muslims, etc., to me. They have different beliefs. You are right, though. There is a lot of pure hatred directed at Christians here, coming from just a few folks, and some folks wanting Christian speech stopped on this website. Funny... the people calling to silence Christian speech because, you know, "this is a gun forum" are downright silent when the haters are speaking. Reckon that fits in with their vision gun talk only forum.

Other things that aren't gun related:
    bacon
    who's having kids
    showing off new girlfriends
    who's sick
    what movies we are watching

Integrity calls for all those types of threads to be gone, also. In fact, being as this is a gun forum, the Break Room really isn't needed. Unless, of course, the goal is really just to shut up a certain group of people.

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    Atheists are like Jews, Budhists, Muslims, etc., to me. They have different beliefs. You are right, though. There is a lot of pure hatred directed at Christians here, coming from just a few folks, and some folks wanting Christian speech stopped on this website. Funny... the people calling to silence Christian speech because, you know, "this is a gun forum" are downright silent when the haters are speaking. Reckon that fits in with their vision gun talk only forum.

Other things that aren't gun related:
    bacon
    who's having kids
    showing off new girlfriends
    who's sick
    what movies we are watching

Integrity calls for all those types of threads to be gone, also. In fact, being as this is a gun forum, the Break Room really isn't needed. Unless, of course, the goal is really just to shut up a certain group of people.

Allright, I can see where my previous post led you to the above; so I'll clarify for myself at least, as I elaborated a bit more in the other thread where this was being discussed.

Show me where those items above, while not gun related, are causing rifts every day on INGO in the manner in which religious topics do.

For me, it's not that I've chosen to single out any religious group; I've made a broad statement: Religious topics are currently damaging INGO, and IMO they don't belong here; that goes for either side of the argument.

I don't care what higher being you believe in, I don't care that someone else doesn't believe. I do care what experience you had at the range, what kind of gun you prefer, maybe even what your other hobbies and interests are; those things are shared and discussed and usually add the the quality of the community; lately, religious topics are detracting from it.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    INGO has officially become home to more Christian-haters than any other place I read.

There is a lot of pure hatred directed at Christians here, coming from just a few folks, and some folks wanting Christian speech stopped on this website.

It is interesting how some members are so "up in arms" about anti-Christian posts on INGO, yet when I openly complained about the LEO bashing going on regularly by certain members, I was told to "get over it" because it was the profession I chose and I knew it would be like that. Well I say to you, get over it, because you chose to be Christian and you knew you would face difficulty from others that don't have the same beliefs as you.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip

Show me where those items above, while not gun related, are causing rifts every day on INGO in the manner in which religious topics do.
    snip.

No sir, it's not religious topics that are causing rifts. It's a small group of posters who, instead of passing over that which doesn't interest them, or even that which may offend them, decide to act like a bunch of Klukkers at a bar when a black man and white woman walk in, and deliberately set out to cause trouble.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    While religious discussion might not be the topic to be had here or anywhere but on religious forums or open forums, it is something that is discussed here often. It's something that the only way to stop the discussions are by banning it like Revolution.

I just wanted to create a thread where people could take these discussions to instead of filling up other threads where religion either had nothing to do with the OP or is not the main topic of discussion as per the OP. That is all.

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    No sir, it's not religious topics that are causing rifts. It's a small group of posters who, instead of passing over that which doesn't interest them, or even that which may offend them, decide to act like a bunch of Klukkers at a bar when a black man and white woman walk in, and deliberately set out to cause trouble.

I'll give you that one; it's not the topics themselves; its the fact that one side starts a topic, the other side does a rebuttal, and so on and so on. My point is, that it comes from both sides though, not always is it non-believers slinging things at the believers; it's the believers slinging it at the non-believers too.

So, how does anyone expect the moderators/admin to keep it in line, when both sides are guilty of the same thing? At what point does everyone simply agree to accept each others beliefs (or lack thereof) and move on?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    What is the big deal? Would it not make sense that someone that does not believe in religion has a distaste for it? As long as the debate stays away from personal attacks, it is just a difference of viewpoints. I'm a "skeptic" meaning that I do not believe in God, Jesus, Allah, Mohamed, Buddha, etc. I am skeptical because I will need scientific proof to change my mind, but I am capable of changing my mind. Just like I am skeptical of aliens, Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster, due to the lack of scientific evidence supporting their existence. Could ANY of these (including an afterlife) exist? Sure. It is possible but the sheer lack of proof makes me skeptical. Many are "Atheists" about various religions (meaning that they do not believe in them), I just take it one religion further. I have a disdain for religion...kinda like "duh". However, I do not "preach" my views to strangers. I do get irritated when a stranger comes up to me trying to preach the "good word" at McDonalds while I am eating my salad, or when I am at home and a group come to my door trying to do the same thing. Pretty audacious in my opinion. There is nothing to fear from us here on these boards, "non-believers" are by far the minority. Heck, we are only about 14% of the US population.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Pretty soon I bet all religous talk will be banned on here.............

IBTL.

That is the stated goal of some. Others just go into every thread with a pro-Christian slant, and cause as much trouble as they can until it's locked, and then say the threads are obviously too much trouble for the mods. I figure Christian posts will be banned. I also figure atheist posts, and those denigrating Christianity, will be allowed.

Top Bottom