• ...and so much more!
  • Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    The Optimus allows a variety of quick change options from .22LR to .300 Win Mag.

Suggested MSRP: $1095

[video=youtube_share;e4KfGPM-cJc]http://youtu.be/e4KfGPM-cJc[/video]

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    My interest is peaked but idk @ 1095! I can already shoot from 300win to 22lr with what I have. I do need to watch the video all the way through though.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Definitely pricey, but if you haven't gotten into the suppressor game yet, I can see how appealing this is.

I've got easily a couple grand tied up in my suppressors and I still don't have full caliber coverage that this one does (granted, some of that is because I bought in the wrong order, buying a 9mm can and then buying a .45 can, instead of just buying a .45 can first and using it on both).

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    In all honesty you are looking at ~1000 for a decent 7.62 suppressor anyways (which would allow many of the rifle calibers), then a 9mm (another 600) and another 200 for a 22.... if you went the dedicated route

I think the cost of this one isnt all that expensive for what you are getting. However, what I am curious to see, is how much of that is included in the initial purchase cost.... and what will be at an extra cost.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    If I didn't already own any suppressors and I only wanted to ever purchase one, this might be enticing. Seeing as how I do own several already, this sparks no interest. A large bore can (9mm and larger) will have trouble suppressing the smaller calibers (22lr/5.56).

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I don't see how this thing is legal considering ATF rules. An extra baffle that only gets use when you change the length using that rifle adapter? WTH?

:dunno:

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I don't see how this thing is legal considering ATF rules. An extra baffle that only gets use when you change the length using that rifle adapter? WTH?

If it can fully function as a suppressor without the extra baffle, it's legal. The SilencerCo Octane 45M works the exact same way.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN

My neophyte understanding was this as well. I really like the concept. I would still have a dedicated .22LR can and maybe one for a carbine in 9mm but for a variety of guns you only occasionally want to suppress, it looks cool.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Nice concept, will work good for people just getting into suppressors

To an extent. Most people getting into NFA stuff only want to get their feet wet so they start with a 22lr can. I'd bet that very few dive in head first and spend over $1,000 on their first can.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    It looks like a great idea and if I didn't already have a 7.62mm suppressor (AAC 762-SD - great can BTW) I'd be looking at buying one. I use the AAC on my .308, my 300 BLK, and my 5.56 rifles and it works great. The only place I don't use it is on my .22 since it's cannot be disassembled for cleaning. So I may end up buying a rimfire can at this point.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Nope. I posted exactly that on the youtube video a couple days ago. "Universal" suppressors typically only sound good on its largest approved caliber. In this case, 9mm.

Masters of None.

I threaded tube for Winmag. I'm not sure how long that would last.

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    I have no NFA items yet and as a plinker, I have no need to be super quiet but would like to hush a few guns. I have nothing to suppress bigger than a 308 (other than a 1911) so this new suppressor has me very interested. On the other hand, I have exactly 0 experience with any other suppressors. I am also a big fan of not giving the feds all of my monies, so one can to hush them all will get my support.

TNLongShot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2015
    Charlestown
    This one has me very intrigued. I was looking for my first can for my 300WM, but if this is as cool as the video makes it sound it would cover all my calibers for a reasonable price versus the cans I was looking at just for 300WM and 5.56. Hopefully availability won't be too low.

Mustang1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Westfield
    From somebody who doesn't have any suppressors but has been reading up on them I like the idea of being able to use them on multiple guns in multiple calibers but I just haven't spent the time and money to own any yet.

Top Bottom