• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Has anyone else had a problem getting in touch with a seller in the classifieds? I am coming up on 5 days since making an offer via PM and the seller has not responded or even been logged in. Is this something I should leave feedback on even though no transaction has occured, or am I being unreasonable to think 5 days is too long? I want the item, but think the lack of a response is something others need to know about.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    If I haven't heard back from someone in a day, I just assume they're no longer interested and move on. While I think no communication is a bit rude, I don't think it's worth making a stink over either. Trust me, it may not be tomorrow, but something else will come along you want and the seller will be more than happy to take your cash.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've outright ignored many offers online over the years and feel it is the seller's prerogative. If he hasn't logged in during the last five days I suspect it's possible he hasn't seen the offer. There is no requirement to check in with INGO on a daily basis.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    It can be very annoying, but you have to remember that everyone doesn't log in here all the time like many of us. He may not be someone who sells a lot in the classifieds and probably didn't consider whatever he's selling would be that attractive. I remember when I sold my first gun on INGO. I had about 10 PMs in five minutes. Yeah, I definitely left too much meat on that bone. :laugh: I'm a member of another site and posted something that didn't get many hits. I didn't log in after a few days and had three PMs waiting on me when I returned.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I understand there is no requirement to check in, but if I list something I want to sell I try to stay on top of it. I'm not out to flame anyone, just trying to get a consensus on what should be done, if anything. I would move on, but the item is not something that will come along again on here.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    My real problem is money burns a hole in my pocket and if the seller doesn't reply soon I'll have it spent. I'll just try to be patient. Thanks for the input on some people not being several visit a day junkies like some of us.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Whats the item? I'll make an offer on it and see if I get a reply.

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    Yea, I think it's just good manners to at least respond even if you won't accept the offer. Maybe even a counter offer. But I wouldn't just ignore someone.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    My offer is the asking price in cash or greater if the trades I offered are accepted. Thanks for the offer to make an offer KG1, but I would rather not turn this into a gun broker type deal and pay triple the true value.:draw:

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Well, it is possible that the Seller hasn't checked in due to work, or some set of circumstances occurring in their personal life. :dunno:

However, as life moves on for them, your moves on as well. If you find the item for sale from someone else at an agreed upon price, buy that.

Some times, it's just 'not in the stars'.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I've been lucky that most have responded to my offers. I have quite a few who respond to a post of me looking to buy something,only to answer it and never hear from them again. :dunno:

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Man there's nothing worse than an unresponsive seller who won't take my money. I get that things happen but when you see the guy is online or has been in the last few hours it kinda makes you wonder.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    He may be on vacation and just forgot all about the post or just wasn't gonna mess with it till he returned ? If you want it that bad just post I'll take it on the page and it should be yours when he returns... Problem solved , but if all your doing is gonna make a lower offer then I guess you have to wait...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Lack of communication is one of my pet peeves, whether here or on Gunbroker. I do understand that stuff happens that may preclude someone from getting back online to check messages or whatever, but if you know you're going on vacation, wait until you get back to post your ad. I'd rather have a simple "No, sorry" in response to an offer than just being ignored purposely. (but I don't generally lowball people) It literally takes only a few seconds to reply, and IMHO it's just rude not to do so.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    It's pervasive thru all selling venues, craigslist is real bad about it. The really annoying ones are the ones that don't take their ads down after the item has sold. I went on a quest one time to annoy the **** out of a guy that still had his ad up after his item sold. I called every time I was near a phone, each time he told me it was sold. Soon he figured out I was ****ing with him and then it got REALLY entertaining!!

I amuse easily!:laugh:

Top Bottom