• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Is the fact that the stock glock sights are made of polymer, really that big a deal? Ive done some one handed charging from the belt and that sight is stout as hell. Besides, if you got something against "plastic" Why would you buy a glock in the first place...

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    Trijicon HD's for me. The big orange dot is very fast to pick up when shooting during the daytime and the green glows very bright in no/low light. Plus the rear sights has a nice ledge on it for doing one handed manipulations.

rp8

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Highland, Indiana
    Interesting thread as I am thinking of upgrading my glock 27's sights. I actually love the stock sights but perhaps some big dots would be largely beneficial in a self defense situation.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Odd that the XS are dimmer, as they use Trijicon tubes. All three sets of mine are at least as bright as the Meprolight and Glock NS I replaced them with. I know they wont ever be target sights, but I can still put 14 in the CoM at 25 yards with the XS. My goal is to be able to put 10 in at 50 yds, which I consider pretty much the end of defensive range. Pass that mark and I'll opt for a long gun.

I just had a set of new XS Big Dot's installed on my G19 and they are just as bright as any of my other night sights. I must have got a set of bad sights on the G27 when they were done.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I just had a set of new XS Big Dot's installed on my G19 and they are just as bright as any of my other night sights. I must have got a set of bad sights on the G27 when they were done.

They do have a half life. Dealers or direct from XS will be the freshest and brightest. If they've been in the warehouse more than a year, the go to the secondary markets like Amazon and eBay. I've bought from both XS directly and from an eBay store, the set from eBay was noticeably dimmer.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    I mod the stock sights for better visibility or replace with fiberoptic front and solid black rear.

[FONT=&]NRA Life Member~~ [/FONT][FONT=&]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&]
    [/FONT]Gunsite graduate[FONT=&] ~~[/FONT]Certified Glock armorer
    NRA Certified pistol instructor[FONT=&] ~~[/FONT]1911 Mechanic

^^^THIS is the Man to do your sights!!

Ameriglo CAP sights on all my glocks

See above..Had Charlie do two of my carry Glocks..AAA+++ on work...Bill

bos-94-003

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Marion
    Yes I did, upgraded to the low end (cheapest) trijicon night sights on the 19, love them!
    my 26 has factory glock night sights and I really like them as well.

My 22 is about 6 yrs old with glock night sights on it. Just put new trijicon on my 19 and couldn't tell the difference in visibility between the two even with the glock sights being several years older. Both great quality

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    What are your thoughts on the Trijicon HD sights? Anybody else have any experience with those?

I really like my Trijicon HD's. Enough so that I put a set on my duty weapon. Probably the best sights I have ever owned and perfect for my soon to be 52 year old eyes. Also have a set of Ameriglo GL-301's. They have almost an exact same front sight as the Trijicon HD's and have a single luminous dot in the center of the rear instead of the sides.

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    I'd always just used the stock Glock sights, but with the new G26 Gen 4 I just picked up, I bought from a gunsmith, and he installed Trijicon HD's while I waited. HUGE front orange dot, nice big opening "U" shaped notch in the rear, tritium vials front and back. Wanted something that would be a good daylight and nighttime sight setup at the same time. Need to check it out at night during live fire yet, but in daylight....

Me likee :)

Top Bottom