• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    This trend of private companies taking political stances and making policies that affect the general public is disturbing. Might as well have dictators telling us what me must think or do. We, sure as shootin', didn't elect any of the board of directors.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Our local UPS guys is pretty good. Packages on the porch, even if heavy. No wrong deliveries I can recall. Even rings the doorbell.

FedEx is pretty terrible. They dump anything from envelopes to huge boxes in the driveway. Gotta look for them before pulling out of the garage.

USPS will shove ANYTHING into the mailbox. Do Not Bend, Fragile, Oversized - it ALL goes in. Caught her once pulling up near the garage man door to toss a box. She didn't see me working in the yard.

Amazon seems to "get it". On the porch, rings the bell, sends a photo along with the delivery notification.

I guess I should be glad these carries are making SO MUCH MONEY they have to turn away paying customers.
    Our Church's UPS guy is equally awesome. He's one of our members' next door neighbor. So anytime we get a package on a day we are closed, (especially if it requires a signature) he takes the package home and hands it to our guy at home. Or maybe he makes a quick detour because the guy lives close and is retired. Im not sure. I just know the package ends up signed for instead of us having to wait for a redelivery or drive halfway across town to the package desk.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Our Church's UPS guy is equally awesome. He's one of our members' next door neighbor. So anytime we get a package on a day we are closed, (especially if it requires a signature) he takes the package home and hands it to our guy at home. Or maybe he makes a quick detour because the guy lives close and is retired. Im not sure. I just know the package ends up signed for instead of us having to wait for a redelivery or drive halfway across town to the package desk.
    Same, the UPS guy I have regular interaction with through work is great. They seem to get routes and stay with them. The professionalism is a bit higher than FedEx and definitely higher than Amazon. Of course, business customers are a lot easier to deal with than residence drama.

Given the choice I prefer UPS.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Refusing to deliver is one thing, if it was refused when presented.
    After accepted...

And threatening to destroy.
    That sounds like theft, or fraud.

I'm going to guess that there is some something buried in their terms of service that says they can pretty much do what they want with your packages and you accept those terms when shipping through them.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    FedEx around here is hit and miss. They dropped of my neighbors package on my front porch, after walking past my house number sign! Ups has always been pretty consistent and I can normally be confident my box won’t be laying on the sidewalk in front of my house.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I guess I've just been lucky. I've never had any major issues with either FedEx or UPS. Some of the horror stories I've heard on INGO just amaze me. I do think UPS has some weird routes though. When offered, their real time GPS tracking is very illuminating. I've seen them come within a block of my house, then head across town, come back near me, go back across to another side of town. I'm thinking they are just throwing packages in their trucks in random order. Seems like they could benefit from better package sorting software/equipment to improve efficiency. Gotta kill them in fuel costs now.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    UPS lost me a few years ago. I ordered a special edition knife from SOG and it was shipped some UPS method I had never heard of. Ten days to get it and shipping wasn't any cheaper than normal. I was done with them after that.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest

Looks as if it is pressure being put on shipping companies by the democrats in the senate you can see some of there signatures in one part of the video!!!!!!!!!!

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Just the messenger. I believe UPS is curtailing the 80% kits or parts that allow a completed firearm. With that I know of one FFL that UPS is still shipping firearms and accessories to and from with. So not really sure what the rest of the story is.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Last few packages I've got from UPS were smashed all to hell.
    FedEx isn't doing much better I've had to run down the truck numerous times for giving me someone else's package. Typically the drivers scoff and act as if they couldn't care less.
    Only shipper I have good luck with consistently is USPS.
    I concur...USPS is the only shipper I really trust anymore...and they continue to have issues as well!

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Tweet deleted, assuming brownells reconciled with ups as they are only banning 80% products. Still ******** and I will be boycotting their services.
    i stopped buying from retailers that only ship ups more than a year ago. their driver stole 400 rnds of 180 grn 40 s&w sig v-crown. both the seller & ups failed to make things right.

the driver stopped in front of my house a week later talking trash. i invited him to come see the gun the ammo was ordered for.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Strange. The last spare magazines I ordered, just two weeks ago, came USPS. Lol, the government didn't seem to care.

To coin a phrase from a movie, "I would tell UPS to go to Hell, but I think they're already there"!

Onebad06vtx

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Ellettsville
    Just the messenger. I believe UPS is curtailing the 80% kits or parts that allow a completed firearm. With that I know of one FFL that UPS is still shipping firearms and accessories to and from with. So not really sure what the rest of the story is.
    A completed firearm!
    Like a scope,sling,magazine,ammo,replacement parts,ect.

Top Bottom