• ...and so much more!
  • ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    A completed firearm!
    Like a scope,sling,magazine,ammo,replacement parts,ect.
    No, what got Ghost and others in the funny papers was sending everything to Finnish the 80% which they were suppose to send separately. That’s presumably why UPS put the memo out. (And I’m not debating that I agree or disagree just what started the whole debacle)

As a side note I assisted in sending out a number of “Firearms” to other FFLs Friday by UPS with absolutely no issues.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    i stopped buying from retailers that only ship ups more than a year ago. their driver stole 400 rnds of 180 grn 40 s&w sig v-crown. both the seller & ups failed to make things right.

the driver stopped in front of my house a week later talking trash. i invited him to come see the gun the ammo was ordered for.

UPS didn't do anything? No "reimbursement"?
    I would be HOT.

Ahap

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 27, 2022
    Evansville
    UPS lost me a few years ago. I ordered a special edition knife from SOG and it was shipped some UPS method I had never heard of. Ten days to get it and shipping wasn't any cheaper than normal. I was done with them after that.
    Probably "UPS Mail Innovations". UPS takes it to USPS, who then delivers it, takes forever. That is Midway's default economy shipping choice, I used it once, never again. USPS Priority Mail is the way to go.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    i'm still super ******.

the way ups explained it was the seller reimburses me and they reimburse the seller. i have emails from both saying i would be
    Thats correct, the seller has the shipping contract with UPS, not you.
    They file a claim with UPS and you file with the seller.
    With your tracking where did the shipment fall off radar?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    i'm still super ******.

the way ups explained it was the seller reimburses me and they reimburse the seller. i have emails from both saying i would be
    Typically the contract is between the shipper/seller and the carrier. In this case your recourse should have been the seller, and it is likely that the seller did get reimbursed if they pursued it with the carrier. So yeah, sounds like you got jacked, by the seller.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Thats correct, the seller has the shipping contract with UPS, not you.
    They file a claim with UPS and you file with the seller.
    With your tracking where did the shipment fall off radar?
    ups said they show it was delivered to my house. i had 3 neighbors who never saw a ups truck that day.

my porch camera never picked up a ups truck at the time it was supposedly delivered. i was sitting 6 ft from my front door when the delivery notification came through.

i think the driver drove down my alley and scanned it and kept going.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    This trend of private companies taking political stances and making policies that affect the general public is disturbing
    I'm just getting a tired of all these companies going woke. Gets old.

I was in management with FedEx for 12 years and spent another 25 in global logistics. I doubt this is related to politics but I understand how it looks that way. UPS doesn't have a press release posted to their website but what I've read so far looks like they're trying to put some distance between themselves and unseralized firearms and parts that can be made into an unseralized firearm. It looks like, so far, they're handling complete firearms but there's still confusion about this very quickly announced change.

My guess is that they want to avoid liability if someone uses a 'ghost gun' in a shooting that they delivered the parts for.

One of my favorite quotes attributed to Fred Smith, founder and long time CEO of FedEx: "if it's legal and makes money we'll do it"

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    UPS lost me a few years ago. I ordered a special edition knife from SOG and it was shipped some UPS method I had never heard of. Ten days to get it and shipping wasn't any cheaper than normal. I was done with them after that.

Probably "Mail Innovations." UPS does the long haul, and then hands it off to USPS for the local delivery. I used to work at an on-line retailer, and they would sometimes use that, and it was nothing but headaches. Stuff took forever to get delivered, or it would just get lost in the USPS system after UPS had handed it off to them.

Top Bottom