• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    No, I really don’t. How many cyclists does the average American see per day? One? Two? Not many. I can only think of a single adult on a bike who annoyed me. He was riding on the shoulder of the road AGAINST traffic.

When have you specifically had a cyclist refuse to share the road? What do you even mean by share the road? Did they not pull over and let you by?
    I just saw a guy today riding against traffic, and there was no shoulder. Several years back, an idiot hit the passenger side of my truck because, even though I was signaling, AND halfway into the turn, the dumbass decided to pass me on the right so he could go straight through a stop sign (without stopping of course). I laughed my ass off at that genius. And then there are the arrogant pricks that give you dirty looks and flip you off because you stopped at a stop sign, and then pulled into the intersection to go on your way, and they (coming from a side street) apparently don’t think they have to obey traffic laws. I see that one a LOT.

But yeah, it burns me up that millions in tax dollars went into building beautiful trails for cyclists, but the morons choose to ride 20 feet away from it on the road? I don’t care what anyone says, it’s stupid.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...When have you specifically had a cyclist refuse to share the road? What do you even mean by share the road? Did they not pull over and let you by?

Other than at night and dead of winter, nearly any time I drive to Btown. Hilly, curvy state highway with hardly any legal places to pass for ten miles. Individual and multiple cyclists often have dozens of motor vehicles behind them as they pass by numerous driveways and pull offs, where they could easily "share the road," if they only would?

:n00b:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Other than at night and dead of winter, nearly any time I drive to Btown. Hilly, curvy state highway with hardly any legal places to pass for ten miles. Individual and multiple cyclists often have dozens of motor vehicles behind them as they pass by numerous driveways and pull offs, where they could easily "share the road," if they only would?

:n00b:

They will decide when it is safe for you to pass. They are in charge.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Kokomo is adding more bike lanes on Center Road oinking off all the rich people that live on that stretch by Jackson Morrow Park and rails to trails. It would be nice to see bicyclists use these as when we are walking the K9s, all I see is unused pathways except for pedestrians.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    When I lived in Key West there was an old beater Gremlin running around with "kill" symbols painted on the fenders. He claimed multiple bicycle and pedestrian "kills", all in good fun.

One day while sitting at a stop light about 3 cars back, I glanced into my rearview mirror to see a "cyclist" threading his way between the cars behind me and the curb. I turned my attention back towards the front in anticipation of the light turning green when I heard and felt a loud thud against my car. Initially I thought that the car behind me had let his foot slip off the brake pedal when I saw above noted "cyclist" rolling around on the sidewalk apparently in quite a bit of pain.

I asked him if he was ok but apparently the "twins" had been violently introduced to the cross bar of the bike and he let out a hushed whisper of "no". I told him "GOOD" and to pull his head out of his nether regions as someone walked up saying they saw the whole thing and it would be hit and run if I left.

I got back in the car and started across the intersection and saw a cop car sitting in line heading the opposite direction so I rolled up and told him what had happened and that above noted moron was probably pretty severely hurt. When the cop stopped laughing he told me he saw the whole thing and there was no reason for me to hang around. :bacondance:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Kokomo is adding more bike lanes on Center Road oinking off all the rich people that live on that stretch by Jackson Morrow Park and rails to trails. It would be nice to see bicyclists use these as when we are walking the K9s, all I see is unused pathways except for pedestrians.
    They are finishing the bike path past the jail at Markland out to Dixon.
    I have to wonder if they are going to put a foot bridge over Defenbaugh behind the house again.
    Box trucks used to hit the RR bridge constantly.

I walk at JM occasionally and the only people I've seen on bikes are little kids.
    They sure are taking a big chunk out of the yard of those folks on center aren't they? :D

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    They are finishing the bike path past the jail at Markland out to Dixon.
    I have to wonder if they are going to put a foot bridge over Defenbaugh behind the house again.
    Box trucks used to hit the RR bridge constantly.

I walk at JM occasionally and the only people I've seen on bikes are little kids.
    They sure are taking a big chunk out of the yard of those folks on center aren't they? :D
    They all got owned. I'm glad I don't own a home. Yup, homeless. My wife however...

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I like to cycle. My GF hates cyclists but she hates most everything. Kills me when cyclists ride in the street right next to a bike lane or the Cultural Trail in Indy. Like my GF says, who do you think will win, the cyclist or the car!

Heck, I ended up on the hood of a car while on my bike on a crosswalk from a kid that did a U turn without looking. A friend was hit in a crosswalk on his bike by a pickup truck.

LIVE DANGEROUS, RIDE BIKES!

Top Bottom