"US" dollar down graded from AAA to AA,with the watch turned from stable to negative by Fitch

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    I disagree.

I fully blame all of this on China and those on the pay roll in DC.
    The downgrade has been building for decades. It's a credit worthiness rating (ability to repay).
    The Washington swamp creatures get to write checks out of the tax payers account.
    They never have to make sure there are sufficient funds, all they do is keep writing those checks.
    But the Government does keep track of how overdrawn that account is.

The way the US Government operates, they should apologize to the families of Charles Ponzi and Bernie Madoff.

Will ANY elected officials pledge their own “life, fortune, and sacred honor” for the sake of this country?

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    We only elect officials that overspend.

What do we expect.

the more they overspend, the more they get elected.

So, I'd say a large part of the blame is the voter.

I think overspending can work out just fine with our funny money system. The issue is that there needs to be a credible backing for those loans that isn't necessarily just monetary value.

It needs to be with military capability and natural resource control. If you slack off in those 2 things, then your monetary situation starts to become the most relevant factor, and for a nation with debts like ours, that can never be solvent.

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    I think overspending can work out just fine with our funny money system. The issue is that there needs to be a credible backing for those loans that isn't necessarily just monetary value.
    Something that isn't consumable, is valuable and the US has a butt-load of, is Federal Lands.
    Think of them (sans D.O.D. acres), as a sort of bank account our previous leaders have deposited for future use.
    I don't know exactly what dollar backing by Federal Lands would look like. But I know there's a lot of value locked up in them.
    Federal Lands aren't in some type of Al Gore "lock box". Congress has the right/responsibility to buy, sell and administer Federal Lands. They aren't doing much anyway, let them figure it out. They are the ones in charge of the Government purse strings.

Just a thought

BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    Brandon is calling this the Trump downgrade. He is blaming this on Trump and the Ultra MAGA Republicans. He apparently has not been President the last 3 years...
    Orange Man bad .
    This crap is comparable to an Episode of the Jerry Springer show written by the National Enquirer crew

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    Orange Man bad .
    This crap is comparable to an Episode of the Jerry Springer show written by the National Enquirer crew
    You're right, it is an expanded Jerry Springer episode.
    Each side is being poked and prodded by Globalists. We're so busy being inflamed at the other side, we don't notice the slight pushing from behind, or the whisper in our ear... "fight, fight, fight".
    It reminds me of a school yard face-off. The two opponents are in a stare down with the crowd around chanting "fight, fight, fight".
    What this country really needs is a new shiny object to focus on.
    ShinyObject.jpg

Last edited:

BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    You're right, it is an expanded Jerry Springer episode.
    Each side is being poked and prodded by Globalists. We're so busy being inflamed at the other side, we don't notice the slight pushing from behind, or the whisper in our ear... "fight, fight, fight".
    It reminds me of a school yard face-off. The two opponents are in a stare down with the crowd around chanting "fight, fight, fight".
    What this country really needs is a new shiny object to focus on.
    View attachment 290967
    Thought we had UFO's now .
    Your right though it's all about who can sling the most crap .

Top Bottom