• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I know that now, after I got my confirmation email. I mentioned it up thread. I didn't see any instructions to print out the request when I first did it. It could have been a script blocker and that didn't display, or I just missed it. Either way, I don't have that paper. They accepted my request and issued me a case#. I saw they wanted the item, the printed email and the original printed request. Since I didn't have that I called them and asked what they wanted me to do. All 3 times they put me on hold to ask someone higher up and all 3 times they came back and said someone would call me about it. I asked when and was told I would be called back in the order of my request. This has been dragging on since the 30th. It's boxed and ready to go.

Alli printed out was the email...

"Your refund request has been received and approved. Please print and enclose this email with your optic and return it to: EOTech Refunds, 1201 E Ellsworth Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48108. EOTech will refund the purchase price plus $15 shipping cost as soon as possible.

Thank you,
    Xavier Brown
    Customer Service
    EOTech an L-3 Communications Company"

Thats it. The only paper and I folded it up, put it in the box. Sent it off. Nothing else.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Alli printed out was the email...

"Your refund request has been received and approved. Please print and enclose this email with your optic and return it to: EOTech Refunds, 1201 E Ellsworth Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48108. EOTech will refund the purchase price plus $15 shipping cost as soon as possible.

Thank you,
    Xavier Brown
    Customer Service
    EOTech an L-3 Communications Company"

Thats it. The only paper and I folded it up, put it in the box. Sent it off. Nothing else.

My email is a bit different. I'll probably just print out what I have and send it in with a letter attached explaining if I don't get an answer tomorrow. My emails says:

Dear Customer,
    Your refund request has been received and approved. Please follow the instructions below for returning your optic and obtaining a refund.
    Due to Shipping regulations please remove and discard all batteries prior to shipping
    MPO and HHS product must include both components
    EOTech will add 15.00 return shipping on to your refund amount. We will process your refund request as soon as possible.
    Refund Checklist
    In order to process your refund we must have included in the return:

1. This email authorization printed and enclosed

2. Your printed Refund Request enclosed (This is what I don't have)
    3. Your matching HWS product enclosed

Please Mark and Ship your product to:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    My email is a bit different. I'll probably just print out what I have and send it in with a letter attached explaining if I don't get an answer tomorrow. My emails says:

Dear Customer,
    Your refund request has been received and approved. Please follow the instructions below for returning your optic and obtaining a refund.
    Due to Shipping regulations please remove and discard all batteries prior to shipping
    MPO and HHS product must include both components
    EOTech will add 15.00 return shipping on to your refund amount. We will process your refund request as soon as possible.
    Refund Checklist
    In order to process your refund we must have included in the return:

1. This email authorization printed and enclosed

2. Your printed Refund Request enclosed (This is what I don't have)
    3. Your matching HWS product enclosed

Please Mark and Ship your product to:

Your refund request is the original email.

What is HWS.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Your refund request is the original email.

What is HWS.

Nope. I asked them that the first time if I could use the original email with the case#. They said I was supposed to print out the original request when I entered all the information on the web page. I didn't see that instruction so didn't do it. I'm going to call in about 10 minutes when I get done eating. I'll post up the results shortly.

HWS
    Holographic Weapon Sight

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    On the phone now.

Explained the other two calls.

Was asked if it was ok to put me on hold. I told her that would be fine as long as someone can give me an answer and not tell me that "it's been escalated and someone will call you back" for a third time. She said "I will try".

On hold now....

Edit:
    Was finally given the okay to mail it in with the two printed emails. Got the persons name I spoke with and will be enclosing a note attached with the emails. This is the same thing I've asked about the first 2 times. Still had to go get supervisor approval. Guess that's not a bad thing when they are cutting $500+ dollar checks to everyone that sends something back.

FINALLY will be able to put this thing in the mail tomorrow. Been ready to go since the 28th.

Last edited:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I sent in one of my 512's for repair under this new settlement program. They put in new guts, shipped it back all within 14 days for no charge. I am happy with them and their sighs.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I sent in one of my 512's for repair under this new settlement program. They put in new guts, shipped it back all within 14 days for no charge. I am happy with them and their sighs.
    Maybe you've had good luck, but L3 stated themselves, that they can't, at this point, figure out a fix for the problem! Help me understand why someone would trust a weapon fixture with a KNOWN AND ADMITTED PROBLEM WITH NO IMMEDIATE CURE? I'm not bashing EOTech fans, I just don't, or can't comprehend driving a car with brakes that may or may not work?

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Maybe you've had good luck, but L3 stated themselves, that they can't, at this point, figure out a fix for the problem! Help me understand why someone would trust a weapon fixture with a KNOWN AND ADMITTED PROBLEM WITH NO IMMEDIATE CURE? I'm not bashing EOTech fans, I just don't, or can't comprehend driving a car with brakes that may or may not work?

Eotech's have been around for 20 years now. A ton of them have seen hard use whither it be in service overseas at war or on patrol in the streets stateside. This zero shift problem has always been present, yet no one seemed to be aware of it until this lawsuit. I don't blame anyone if they want to send them in for a refund, but the same goes for if they're happy with their optic and want to keep it.

I have several non magnified optics, mostly consisting of Aimpoints. I do however have an EXPS3 on my MK18 MOD1 clone. I've had it on there for a few years now, and am very happy with it. My eyes's seem to pick the reticle up faster than a red dot, and I especially prefer using it with my PVS14. The rifle is not something I use for long range precision work, most shots from it are within 50 meters or so. I've never noticed a zero shift regardless of temperature here in Indiana, but I'm also mostly shooting at a steel silhouette while moving with the gun. For what I'm using it for, it suits my needs but YMMV.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I'm hesitant to send mine back because it did go in for an issue right before this all came out. I just can't get an RDS to replace it due to astigmatism. I bought a Vortex Spitfire 1x and maybe that's going to be good enough, maybe not. It's amazingly heavy for its size. Getting another low magnification ACOG is very tempting. Does anyone here have a 1.5x???

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I'm hesitant to send mine back because it did go in for an issue right before this all came out. I just can't get an RDS to replace it due to astigmatism. I bought a Vortex Spitfire 1x and maybe that's going to be good enough, maybe not. It's amazingly heavy for its size. Getting another low magnification ACOG is very tempting. Does anyone here have a 1.5x???

I picked up a Holosun HS503c to try out since it has a similar reticle to the EoTech(s) I sent back. So far I like it and I like the reticle, but I'm only handling and dry firing. I haven't been to the range with it yet.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    The Holosun is a reflected led technology similar to an Aimpoint and many others. You would have to have an uncorrected astigmatism to understand why us goofy grape eyed people hate them so much. Maybe I need a better eye doctor. :(

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    The Holosun is a reflected led technology similar to an Aimpoint and many others. You would have to have an uncorrected astigmatism to understand why us goofy grape eyed people hate them so much. Maybe I need a better eye doctor. :(

Get Lasik, seriously. I just had it done, and I can't believe how much it improved my vision with a red dot.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I just got notice from eotech that mine were received and reviewed. Says my check is being processed for payment allow another 3-4 weeks to receive it. I guess I'll just keep waiting :)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JJSHOOTS
    Top Bottom