• ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I plan to have a chat with them at NRAAM and will go from there. Since they are still selling new ones, I expect they will have a booth at the show.

linkdead

Plinker
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Nov 24, 2015
    Got my refund check for the two I sent back. Now i have ~1k to spend on toys. Seriously considering an ACOG this time. I'm going to miss my Eotechs, but fool me once shame on you...

You won't regret the ACOG. I've used a number of optics and keep going back to them.

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    I'm banking on them selling them at reduced cost no way they can service that many optics (and even then there still refurbished)

They will shred all of them. Take it off on their taxes. L3 is a huge company. All those body scanners at the airports.. Check out the name on the side of them. L3 didn't have to do this, they are taking care of their customers, like very few companies can or ever will. And for everyone who is saying EOTechs are crap, there is a big difference between EOTechs and L3 EOTechs. The first ones that came out with the crappy battery caps that broke all the time, left a lot to be desired. However the updated ones with screw in CR123s are incredible. There is a reason why you see 1 of 2 optics on SOF weapons. You either see an Eotech with a magnifier or you see an Elcan. They have been using them for years and putting them through more abuse than anyone else. They also use them more, demand more and could find more issues, yet they still use them. It's a shame that if you zero them at -20f that at 120f there is a minor poi shift. I just plan on zeroing mine at 50-60f and the poi will be minimal (read none).

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    called eotech today to see what was up with the refund. when they said 4 weeks they meant it would be mailed out in 4 weeks lol. guy told me it was cut and mailed officially today so here's to new toys lol

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    2/17 request submitted and approved
    3/16 notification that payment was being processed with 4-5 week estimate
    4/18 check received

Good on Eotech.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm not trying to judge, but I didn't consider these specs when I bought my 512, so I wouldn't feel comfortable now complaining about some I didn't care about (and still don't). I'd feel less honest about using this as a way to "sell" mine to get something else I want now.

Of course, the resale value on the 512 may now be impacted because of this, so, maybe...

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I'm not trying to judge, but I didn't consider these specs when I bought my 512, so I wouldn't feel comfortable now complaining about some I didn't care about (and still don't). I'd feel less honest about using this as a way to "sell" mine to get something else I want now.

Of course, the resale value on the 512 may now be impacted because of this, so, maybe...

It's a sighting device that doesn't maintain zero. That is a baseline for any sighting device to be functional. When I purchased mine, I expected it to work as advertised, and the company has announced that it has a serious flaw that prevents it from doing so.

I didn't "sell" mine. I returned it to the manufacturer for a refund. It didn't work as advertised.

Fortunately the flaw only cost me some missed shots on coyotes and not something more serious. (Admittedly, it could have been just me missing the shots. That has happened, too.)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It's a sighting device that doesn't maintain zero. That is a baseline for any sighting device to be functional. When I purchased mine, I expected it to work as advertised, and the company has announced that it has a serious flaw that prevents it from doing so.

I didn't "sell" mine. I returned it to the manufacturer for a refund. It didn't work as advertised.

Fortunately the flaw only cost me some missed shots on coyotes and not something more serious. (Admittedly, it could have been just me missing the shots. That has happened, too.)

I'm not accusing anyone of anything... I was just stating my own feelings.

If you felt returned yours because it's defective, that's a lot different than returning it because you just don't want it anymore.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Everyone is aware that all optics do this right? Even the sent from God himself Aimpoint shifts.

Everyone loved the EoTech until it was the cool thing to bash them...

Always liked the EXPS line, if I thought there was a better optic I would swap in a second.

It's your money, do what makes you happy.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    The thing that upsets me is I have a degree in Lasers & Electro Optics. I was rooting for these things to do well. There isn't anything else on the market with this technology (maybe the Vortex, have never seen one. Maybe I should call Alan) and no, a Holosun is NOT a hologram. I realize all optics have similar drift but L3 lied and covered it up. It sickens me to send mine back but in the end I think it's an appropriate punishment for that company.

Looking at this latest website, I don't see an RMA process like before. These instructions appear to say, fill out the form, box it up and ship it, just "trust" us that we got it.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Always liked the EXPS line, if I thought there was a better optic I would swap in a second.

Mine shifted 0 a lot and the bad battery life was a killer and was always a PITA to sight in. I saw an opportunity to get a more than fair refund and so I went for it and used the money to help fund an Aimpoint T2 which I've yet to have a shifting 0 and I leave the optic on...always.....can't say that about the XPS2

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Everyone is aware that all optics do this right? Even the sent from God himself Aimpoint shifts.

Everyone loved the EoTech until it was the cool thing to bash them...

No, MANY were bashing EOTechs as junk LONG before the lawsuit. Pat Rogers classes, in the early 2K's experienced many, DOA EOTechs, as well as Gunsite, and several other trainers.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I never had an issue with an eotech and I've used them in very harsh environments including cold and Heat and getting the **** knocked out of them. But I do personaly know some people that I've now talked to that have said yes they have had issues. I continue to own eotechs. I know I could return mine and get full retail value and buy something else but I honestly don't want to. I like eotech still. I like some aimpoints too. I'm not mad at people that return them. I understand having an optic and always wondering if it's gonna let you down would be frustrating. but for the average guy like me now, I don't think I'll ever have an issue and if I do then Shame on me and not eotech

Top Bottom