• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    While the receiver/barrel are great, the furniture is meh! Too bad. Another $100 and use quality parts, or at least make upgradable.

Just had it out to shoot. Front sight post defeated my UTG tool. This thing is indeed a beast.

Think of those as disposable, kind of like a BIC lighter. They usually work for a while, but if you think AK's are something you're going to be getting into, pony up the cash and buy one of these:
    Unbreakable AK front sight tool, for windage and elevation adjustment

The initial pains of buying a "sporter" style AK like a VEPR, SAIGA, etc..... are a pain in the ass, and pretty ridiculous when you think about what our founding fathers had in mind when included the second amendment. But it will be worth it when your done, and there really isn't a much nicer base for an AK rifle than the VEPR. They're built like a tank, and way nicer than most of the trash you see out there.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Think of those as disposable, kind of like a BIC lighter. They usually work for a while, but if you think AK's are something you're going to be getting into, pony up the cash and buy one of these:
    Unbreakable AK front sight tool, for windage and elevation adjustment

The initial pains of buying a "sporter" style AK like a VEPR, SAIGA, etc..... are a pain in the ass, and pretty ridiculous when you think about what our founding fathers had in mind when included the second amendment. But it will be worth it when your done, and there really isn't a much nicer base for an AK rifle than the VEPR. They're built like a tank, and way nicer than most of the trash you see out there.

Ordered one of the sight tools. Pricey, but should last a lot longer.

Now if I could get the detent pin out! :xmad:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    No. Just no. ;)

PSA is decent, or at least they had the potential, but for a little more get a WASR or Paratrooper and you'll be happy.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Interesting, I was just wondering what was up with their AK's after the merger (?) with DDI.

Not that I would buy one, but just curious what the result of that relationship was. I have posted this elsewhere, but short story is that I have a Waffen Werks AK-74 with major issues that WW was unable to fix, or didn't even try. After DDI took over, they took the rifle back and were actually able to fix it. Just hoping, based on my good experience with them, that those folks ended up in a good place. Just odd that I haven't heard anything about them for a while, and PSA shows that they are out of stock on all of their AK's.

Reviving an old thread...anybody bought a PSA Ak47? Inquiring minds like to know

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    WASR, Yugo, or Arsenal. That's it.

[video=youtube;WHImLkh0EWc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHImLkh0EWc[/video]

Thanks for posting that video. I’m trying to learn about the AK platform and different varieties of it. I wanted to try a US made one, but I know the reviews are bad on most of them.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    The ruger mini 30 is what I always thought of as the American made ak-47.

You would think that someone would make a true American AK. Stamped version and milled version. It is not like it is all that hard to do.

Spyco

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    NWI
    The ruger mini 30 is what I always thought of as the American made ak-47.

You would think that someone would make a true American AK. Stamped version and milled version. It is not like it is all that hard to do.
    Unfortunately, the mini30 has some issues with reliability, and being made for American made brass cased ammo. Light strikes and issues feeding/ejecting kinda killed it. Their 7.62x39 bolt action is another story though,

Top Bottom