• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    All of our west Indy/Hendricks county peeps, use caution out by the Walmart distribution center, it's on FIIIIIIRE!

View attachment 188498

View attachment 188501

I'm not a very smart man, but risers on and sprinklers on seems smart lest magnesium and such.
    -Forrest Gump

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm not a very smart man, but risers on and sprinklers on seems smart lest magnesium and such.
    -Forrest Gump
    You are correct. Because you speak of what you dont understand.

I know guys that were there. By the time the decision was made to temporarily turn off the system because crews were inside TRYING to fight the fire, the fire was already ABOVE the sprinkler heads.(they just didnt realize it yet) There was a crew on the roof prepping to cut vents. Less than 2 minutes after the pumps were shut off, fire was THROUGH the roof per the crew on the roof. That means the fire was above the sprinklers and in the foam before they were shut off. Because it takes more than 3 minutes for it to burn through that much foam and rubber.

So even if the sprinklers were left on, it wouldnt have mattered. Fire was still raging out of reach of the sprinkler heads, racing across the roof.

I wont go into the reasons why they shut it off, because I only have a basic understanding of why. I wont talk out my a** and armchair quarterback.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    You are correct. Because you speak of what you dont understand.

I know guys that were there. By the time the decision was made to temporarily turn off the system because crews were inside TRYING to fight the fire, the fire was already ABOVE the sprinkler heads.(they just didnt realize it yet) There was a crew on the roof prepping to cut vents. Less than 2 minutes after the pumps were shut off, fire was THROUGH the roof per the crew on the roof. That means the fire was above the sprinklers and in the foam before they were shut off. Because it takes more than 3 minutes for it to burn through that much foam and rubber.

So even if the sprinklers were left on, it wouldnt have mattered. Fire was still raging out of reach of the sprinkler heads, racing across the roof.

I wont go into the reasons why they shut it off, because I only have a basic understanding of why. I wont talk out my a** and armchair quarterback.

Picking on ol' Forrest Gump.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And based on my conversations with multiple FFs, expect the building design to be a key factor in this fire. There were multiple mezzanine levels that hindered both the sprinklers and firefighting efforts. It was brought up as a concern by fire inspectors during inspections when they were being built. Looks like they were right after all.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    In other news, the burned facility is nearly cleaned up now. The road is still tore up all to hell at Ronald Reagan and 100S just east of there, but that's a whole other thread.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    In other news, the burned facility is nearly cleaned up now. The road is still tore up all to hell at Ronald Reagan and 100S just east of there, but that's a whole other thread.
    And as of today just try to turn right onto 100s from southbound Reagan. They’ve made it darn near impossible.

Edited to correct direction

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It's just that easy...

AAAAHHH!! You have invoked, "HE WHOSE NAME SHALL NOT BE SPOKEN!!" That son of a **** sued my Dad over an accident where his client blew through a stop sign and got a passenger in the car killed just north of Bloomington at the now closed BP Station south of the Oliver Winery.

They DIDN'T get "money for you" in that one. Eat **** and die "HE WHOSE NAME SHALL NOT BE SPOKEN!!"

Rant over....

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    And as of today just try to turn right onto 100s from southbound Reagan. They’ve made it darn near impossible.

Edited to correct direction
    I thought there were no turns onto 100 south from either direction? I could have read the signs wrong, I was trying to “merge” in other words trying to get assholes to give me room to put my big truck in “their” lane:xmad:

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Let me see if I've got this straight, the people who show up to put the wet stuff on the hot stuff... are at fault... and the system you had in your building to put the wet stuff on the hot stuff was disabled. Am I tracking this right??
    The way I read it was the plainfield fire department shut down the riser to the sprinkler system, I’d be interested in hearing the fire department’s side of this.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    I thought there were no turns onto 100 south from either direction? I could have read the signs wrong, I was trying to “merge” in other words trying to get assholes to give me room to put my big truck in “their” lane:xmad:
    They switched the lanes of 100s to the ones they just redid and closed the ones that have been used. You can turn right, but the barriers are set up that you have to get into the eastbound lane partially to turn west.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    They switched the lanes of 100s to the ones they just redid and closed the ones that have been used. You can turn right, but the barriers are set up that you have to get into the eastbound lane partially to turn west.
    They just did that today. It's a whole new level of suck at that intersection.

Top Bottom