• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    There’s a Dillon 650 currently on eBay. $1,375 is the current bid with 19 hours to go. $60 shipping.

It has 3 caliber tool heads - 9mm, .45 acp, and .223. Strong mount, roller handle, and case feeder.

I’d say that’s pretty much retail or better. This is apparently what the used market is. Might as well buy new locally and pay the sales tax but save the shipping.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    apparently no one ever sells their Dillon reloader.

My question is where is where do you find used Dillons ? One comes up very infrequently in the For Sale section here. Bobcat may have one occasionally but they don’t last for long and other than calling everyday, which would get tiresome for buyer and seller, there is no way to find one on a regular basis. I once asked the Bobcat owner to give me a call if he ever got in a used Dillon to sell. He never did. I, too, have been looking for a used Dillon - specifically a 650. I constantly check here, Facebook, and eBay. If a reloader can be found sellers, generally speaking, want close to new or in excess of new in some cases when you add in up to $50 or more in shipping some folks are demanding. I have had a WTB post up for awhile. Haven’t received a single response.

I’ve just about decided to bite the bullet (pun intended) and just buy a new set up as apparently no one ever sells their Dillon reloader.

^^^This is FACT...We SURE do see a LOT of the Lee "Stuff'" up here though...

Is this a volume thing, or not??? Bill

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    There’s a Dillon 650 currently on eBay. $1,375 is the current bid with 19 hours to go. $60 shipping.

It has 3 caliber tool heads - 9mm, .45 acp, and .223. Strong mount, roller handle, and case feeder.

I’d say that’s pretty much retail or better. This is apparently what the used market is. Might as well buy new locally and pay the sales tax but save the shipping.

At that price it makes no sense to buy used. Buy it brand new and save the shipping cost. Bobcat Armament/Steel is the place to go for Dillon in the Indy area. They will be able to set you up to enjoy the Blue Koolaid.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Just as a follow up - the eBay auction I described above closed with a “winning” bid of $1,525 plus $60 shipping ! As has been said, just as cheap to buy new.

Wish I could say every gun I’ve owned and then subsequently sold was at a break even price.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Just as a follow up - the eBay auction I described above closed with a “winning” bid of $1,525 plus $60 shipping ! As has been said, just as cheap to buy new.

Wish I could say every gun I’ve owned and then subsequently sold was at a break even price.

That right there is people getting caught up in auction fever. WTF

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Dillon reloaders hold their value well because of the lifetime warranty and customer service. A new one is no better than a old one unless the new one has some updates that the old one doesn't have. Even then you can send a rusty beatup old Dillon back to Dillon and get a new looking press with most of the updates back.
    Buying used saves sales tax unless buying from a dealer. Buying used saves shipping(sometimes).
    Where you can get a deal on used is the accessories that might come with it.
    I have a 550 for sale on a couple of sites including here. I have the press priced about the same as a new one BUT it has about $100 in extras with it. I'm willing to set it up in caliber of choice with your dies if needed. If you are new to that press I can help with showing how to maintain it.
    Lots of things factor into the price.
    Sometimes you see a smoking deal and might get it before anyone else does and some people pay above retail for things because they don't check it out before buying. Ebay has Dillon stuff for sale that you can call Dillon and get for free:dunno:.
    Sometimes a good deal isn't as good because the item is 200 miles away other times it is 20 miles.
    Nothing wrong with buying new but it doesn't give you any more peace of mind than buying used and a new press can be just as finicky as a used one to get running, although the Dillons are pretty bulletproof.
    New or used buy it and have fun reloading.

Mattroth54

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    I got the 550 up and making ammo today. I couldn’t believe how quickly a tube of 100 primers disappears with this thing. I’m even taking my time, measuring and weighing powder every 25 rounds or so. Awesome!!

Top Bottom