• ...and so much more!
  • Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Revolver because...............................................................well I'm not sure why:dunno:.

Actually I enjoy the challenge of Revolver and the mechanics of the reloads and longer trigger pull.
    Did I mention it is frustratingly fun.

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Different divisions I shoot in the popularity order I like the:

Lim - I like going fast and dont want to worry about mag changes as much
    SS - its fun to shoot my 1911 and i like the challenge of low round count mags and multiple reloads
    Lim10 - same as SS except my 2011 instead. That and no one shoots this div so its easier to win :)
    Prod - for S&G at a classifier match mostly

hooligan317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2014
    Carmel
    Limited - b/c I showed up to my first match with a magwell and extended base pads on my G34 not knowing anything about classification rules/regs. Have just followed the, "run what ya brung" motto, since.

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    Started in Production. Figured I would stick with one division until I made A class in it. Looks like I'll be shooting production until I die!

CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So I've shot a couple divisions, they all seem to be fun for their own reasons and all have their drawbacks.

I think it doesn't really matter as long as you are having fun.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I used to see T-shirts that said "Your favorite band sucks." Maybe I should get one made that says "Your favorite division sucks." Haha.

Started production because I had already been shooting IDPA for a while, so I just needed to add a couple mag pouches to the gear.

Went to open, because... well... OPEN !!! Huge fun.

Went back to prod when I made the conscious decision to shoot less. I couldn't justify the cost of open (mainly my gun would have only had a couple years left in it then I'd be needing to invest in a new one) given I was only going to be shooting a couple LIIs and a handful of club matches per year.

Prod is fun for it's own reasons, but not AS fun as open. I may give Lim a try in the next couple years since I just need to pick up a glock and a .40 reloading setup.... (although I keep reading how stupid Lim is... haha)

-rvb

backtrail540

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    Angola, IN
    I shot the last two years at Angola shooting L-10 minor from aiwb concealed, because I like the stage planning of a 10 rd game but want to be able to run the gun from aiwb. Now that we are closed at Angola, I'll eventually get out to Fort Wayne or Northwest Ohio and either do the same or limited.

Top Bottom