• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    not picking on you Junkie but there seems to be a lot of worry about shooting order. is 1 on the board a advantage over 20th? seems like if a guy is going to commit the time to shoot a match it wouldn't matter. :twocents:

No advantage that I'm aware of. Mainly with the first come first serve sign ups led to people getting there before sign up was even open, waiting, then having an abundance of time before even shooting.

I was just hoping for some type of shooting order than would require us to get there "that" early for sign ups.

Making the first flight and working pushes my time pretty close! I realize that shooting the second flight is an option but the one time I shot that I did not get out of there until late. I'm not complaining, I showed up to shoot regardless of the length just trying to explain where I'm coming from.

Heck, I signed up for the second flight on the 21st because of known work issues that day, I just want to get home before midnight if possible :ar15:

blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    No advantage that I'm aware of. Mainly with the first come first serve sign ups led to people getting there before sign up was even open, waiting, then having an abundance of time before even shooting.

I was just hoping for some type of shooting order than would require us to get there "that" early for sign ups.

Making the first flight and working pushes my time pretty close! I realize that shooting the second flight is an option but the one time I shot that I did not get out of there until late. I'm not complaining, I showed up to shoot regardless of the length just trying to explain where I'm coming from.

Heck, I signed up for the second flight on the 21st because of known work issues that day, I just want to get home before midnight if possible :ar15:

heck..you are young. you should be able to stay out all night and work the next day! see you there..

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I walked out the door from the second flight last week at 9:39 pm. Tear down complete and brass picked up (twice). We were six shooters light last week. I have learned a few things while running these matches and the very late night has not been repeated. Some folks may want to keep that in mind when signing up. There are some things that help us stay on time.

1) Be standing there ready to make ready when it is your turn. If we have to hunt you down that is wasting time.
    2) Walk down and paste a target while you are socializing. If half the flight is in the lobby or outside we cannot stay on time.
    3) Get back up range quickly when pasting.
    4) Check you score on the tablet behind the table.
    5) Those on the broom need to be efficient as well.

We have been lucky and this has all gone pretty well, some flights have been more laborious than others.

This online registration is a trial basis. You have paid and have a spot. You will need to come in and check in with Vivian and get you division and things put into the tablet. After doing that you will sign up on the white board. We need everyone there for the shooters meeting. We need everyone gunned up and ready to go at 5:15 for the first flight and 7:15 flight. I would like to start a few minutes for each flight if possible. We cannot have people showing up at 7:45 and such for liability reasons and because these match depend on everyone helping paste. So please help us out as much as possible with these things. For all the great help we have received and will receive I am appreciative.

Josey1972

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2013
    North Side
    On line sign up worked great. I'm not worried about shooting order as long as I am in the order. I'm pleasantly surprised with how it has worked so far. It takes a little of the pressure off getting there. Since you have exactly 20 signed up for the first flight and if we agree that shooting order does not matter much then I see there being no issue getting there by 4:30. You can lend a hand setting up and then get going. Thanks for working hard on it guys.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    On line sign up worked great. I'm not worried about shooting order as long as I am in the order. I'm pleasantly surprised with how it has worked so far. It takes a little of the pressure off getting there. Since you have exactly 20 signed up for the first flight and if we agree that shooting order does not matter much then I see there being no issue getting there by 4:30. You can lend a hand setting up and then get going. Thanks for working hard on it guys.

So far so good. I agree.

Snizz1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    I'm probably in the small minority here, but I can't commit in advance with work and I'm not going to reserve a spot without knowing I can be there. So that means no more first flight for me and if its booked that day no more shooting. If I had a set time/place schedule like most this would be great.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I'm probably in the small minority here, but I can't commit in advance with work and I'm not going to reserve a spot without knowing I can be there. So that means no more first flight for me and if its booked that day no more shooting. If I had a set time/place schedule like most this would be great.

Downrange 72 is in charge of problem solving. This was his idea. I have another problem via email that I plan to forward him as well.

Snizz1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    If you'd be kind enough to share his email I'll make sure he has enough problems to keep him busy... For the next year :)

Josey1972

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2013
    North Side

I wonder if there could be some sort of a transfer process for this situation. I do a mountain bike race that signs up in March and executes the first weekend of November. Lots of things can happen in that time period. So, they allow transfers up to a certain date. Of course that only counts when the race is full, which is has been for the last 20 years. Just to throw that in the pot for discussion. Another thought would be pay the $15 and try to find a way to make it work. If it doesn't work then $15 wont hopefully break the bank. Having done that race for 8 years in a row I can say that there is probably no easy way around it. It is unfortunate but maybe vacation time is available or you can start earlier or whatever it may be so that you can commit to the shoot. I don't know what you do but if the will is there, there has to be some way to figure something out.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    We have 6 spots in the second flight. Second guns are welcome of course.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Thanks to everyone who came out and shot tonight. Things on the range went pretty smooth. We had great cooperation on the pasting and resetting the stages. Online went decent. We will tighten some things up on the match management end. Online for next week. The first flight is already full there is room in the second flight. Score are up on practiscore.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Thanks Coach and Parabellum...39 people and off the range at approx. 9:30...not bad? (And I had 20 rounds left over for navigating the mean streets of Plainfield...:ar15:...I kid, I kid).

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    A fun match.
    Gun is running, I need to work on those skinny little mag changes.

[video=youtube_share;SZxMMgYjuBE]http://youtu.be/SZxMMgYjuBE[/video]

Top Bottom