Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Taking the class is good, but don't let that hold you up from going to a match. There will be plenty of people there to help you out. If you can be safe, people will give you input on the rules as you go along. You will need the following:

1. A safe attitude and ability to follow instructions.
    2. A safe pistol.
    3. A handful of magazines.
    4. A couple hundred rounds of ammo.
    5. A safe, strong-side holster that covers the trigger guard.
    6. Something to keep magazines in. Belt pouches work best. (As far as I know, pockets are allowed?)
    7. Standard personal protective equipment (eye protection, ear protection, etc)

Round Count Wednesday January 7th is 96 rounds.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    The January 14th match will have online sign up for the 5:30 and the 7:30 flights. If we have online sign up after that will depend on how it goes. We want to provide good service and equal opportunity for the paying customer. However if it becomes a full time job to manage the online sign up or people don't show up on time for the shooters meeting it will go away.

Thanks Coach! FYI, the online signup was never a deal-breaker for me, so I hope it didn't appear that way. It's mainly the change from the old procedure (2nd board becomes available at 6:45 PM) to the new (2nd board becomes available shortly after 4PM) that was likely to keep late-workers like me out. Online signup seemed like a potential solution, since it apparently worked for the Classifier, but was never the end-all per se.

Still, I appreciate the effort from Parabellum & think it will help some people. Looking forward to being there again, helping out & having fun!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Thanks Coach! FYI, the online signup was never a deal-breaker for me, so I hope it didn't appear that way. It's mainly the change from the old procedure (2nd board becomes available at 6:45 PM) to the new (2nd board becomes available shortly after 4PM) that was likely to keep late-workers like me out. Online signup seemed like a potential solution, since it apparently worked for the Classifier, but was never the end-all per se.

Still, I appreciate the effort from Parabellum & think it will help some people. Looking forward to being there again, helping out & having fun!

There has been other requests, and it is the 21st century so we are going to try it. We will see what happens. It did work for the classifier but that did not involve flights.

Josey1972

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2013
    North Side
    So, online sign up will open up at a certain time? Since there will be a lot of folks going for the 40 spots it will become very interesting. I do a race up in Michigan that opens up registration at a specific day and time and there are 10,000 people pounding th enter buttons trying to get in. Inevitably the server crashes. I certainly hope it does not happen that way. Will you be posting a time that registration opens and go from there?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    So, online sign up will open up at a certain time? Since there will be a lot of folks going for the 40 spots it will become very interesting. I do a race up in Michigan that opens up registration at a specific day and time and there are 10,000 people pounding th enter buttons trying to get in. Inevitably the server crashes. I certainly hope it does not happen that way. Will you be posting a time that registration opens and go from there?

Yes. The plan is to put the link up on January 8th. However, I do not control that part. There won't be thousands looking to sign up so hopefully no serves will crash.

VTDad

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2014
    Terre Haute
    I and Scott W will be there for the second session. We will burn up I70 getting there.

Warning... If anyone is a left lane road hog, stay off I70 east bound or look for me in the rear view. Oh yea, left lane road hogs never look in their rear view. Look for the bird as I pass you on the left.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I and Scott W will be there for the second session. We will burn up I70 getting there.

Warning... If anyone is a left lane road hog, stay off I70 east bound or look for me in the rear view. Oh yea, left lane road hogs never look in their rear view. Look for the bird as I pass you on the left.

THIS!

Passing_lane.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

[video=youtube_share;A30hdFW0xs4]http://youtu.be/A30hdFW0xs4[/video]

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    I'm coming from the North side of Indy for the 2nd flight. Am I risking showing up and not being able to shoot? I'd hate to make the drive and not be able to shoot.

Top Bottom