• ...and so much more!
  • Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Back when I first started USPSA, you had to wait 1-3 days for scores. :oldwise:

Damn you kids;)
    Back in the old days when I started after the match I would do the scoring and print the results take them to town the next day and make copies on the way to work. Next day print mailing labels, staple, and fold. Put stamps on them and put them in the mail the next day.
    You were lucky if you got them in a week.
    Good thing the chores could wait so the shooters could get their scores quickly :rolleyes:.
    I always carried the discs(5 1/4 floppies) to the match.
    When someone complained about slow scores I just handed them the discs and said here you go you will know how you did tonite.
    Yeah we are spoiled today.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Damn you kids;)
    Back in the old days when I started after the match I would do the scoring and print the results take them to town the next day and make copies on the way to work. Next day print mailing labels, staple, and fold. Put stamps on them and put them in the mail the next day.
    Good thing the chores could wait so the shooters could get their scores quickly :rolleyes:.
    When someone complained about slow scores I just handed them the discs and said here you go you will know how you did tonite.

:laugh:

scores are up, BTW. ;)

Josey1972

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2013
    North Side
    THIS!

Passing_lane.jpg

I hope noone takes this the wrong way but the closer I get to Kokomo the more left lane drivers I encounter. We use 31 extensively and it is almost always a topic for me and my wife. And usually the drivers in the left are NOT clueless. They look at you like you just stole their lollipop. Its odd but I drive a lot in central Indiana and Kokomo area for some reason there is tons of it!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Damn you kids;)

These punks have no idea what it was like Back in the Day, Bosshoss!

A week turnaround on scores was FAST, especially when they were mailed in the USPS mail! In the mid 1990s, a lot of clubs were still scoring with a pencil and calculator, even though the MS-DOS version of EZ-Score was available. When I started in 1994, scores usually arrived in the mail in about a month at the clubs where I shot.

Then, some a**hole without a job started getting scores from WVPPS and ChIPS (AtlantaCC) done the same day and emailing them. It ruined everything and I hate that guy.

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Here is a neat progression video of Nick from his very first match and his 6th match. You can see so many little improvements and his comfort and confidence growing!

[video=youtube;xEiQdX37eVA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEiQdX37eVA[/video]

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Joe was that you running a Revolver?

Old school for the win:rockwoot:

Heh! It was not! In fact, it was my much older brother, obijohn.

According to his report, he had a malfunction of the likes only revolvers can have . . . they DIE. End of match for the poor fella.

Oh boy!
    Joe's brother is going to be upset!:):

Or, flattered! I am, after all, the good looking one.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    [video=youtube;RoJxw4hCeLE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoJxw4hCeLE[/video]

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    stage 1 from wednesday

[video=youtube;iPU-5mDxZi4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPU-5mDxZi4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Top Bottom