• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    I don't have a problem with the equipment changes myself in fact most of them I thought were a good idea.
    BUT the Bylaws said 2 years between changes and the changes happening every month or two are a violation of those bylaws.
    Change the bylaws and then change the equipment/rules.
    Personally I thing equipment changes should be voted on by the members as they are the ones that have to live with them.:twocents:

16.2 for those you don't want to read the whole thing.
    I don't have a problem with the rule changes either. There has just been a lot of people positioning for the Presidents job that they were pushing so hard for it. On that discussion on FB it turned into all the changes they want to make. I did not agree with removing Foley and I have no love for or against him. But removing him for this was driven by his haters and even though he was wrong in his behavior I doubt any of the shooters that want to replace him will be perfect in their behavior either. I know many of them and they all have their EGO over flowing. So this opens an opportunity for people to set up the next guy and bait them in the same way. Most all would be vulnerable to it. So Good luck to the next President and to the sport in general.

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    Personally, when I hear of an incident surrounding a ride in a golf cart at nationals and an insult of a mediocre nobody (or whatever), I just think what a lousy job it must be to president and just take criticism constantly. Then I think, man that's a harsh insult because it speaks to the heart and soul of the organization which is just local guys slogging out matches every weekend and sending their cash to HQ for use of the rules and framework. Then I think, "has someone lost sight of that"?

I feel like most of the chatter has little do with me, the club shooter, and I feel like division changes simply dictate what we all spend money on. It would be nice to have a say in all of that vs. feeling like it's dictated by the top 2% of the sport.

USPSA needs to continue to evolve to stay alive. I remember four years ago everyone thought CO was dumb, now most of us have one. PCC will forever take flack, but it's a lot of fun and gives revolver guys a break from taking the brunt of the insults. I recognize that evolution came from the Foley regime. Hopefully next up can refine it as there are some issues that need addressed. I hope whoever it is does not fixate on the higher level people and competitions, but remembers all us dogs sweating in the heat to stand up a match so we can mediocre the f**k out of it.

Top Bottom