Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Jennings
    2.2.3.3 Unless otherwise specified in the written stage briefing, all
    such barriers, walls, vision barriers and snow fence barriers
    will be considered to go from the ground to the height as
    constructed.

Wouldn't this rule have applied to this?

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    constructed.

If'n it were a barrier ya wouldn't sposed to be a shootin threw it.

(Been in Kentucky all morning)

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    constructed.

It was constructed to be a port on the ground.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    So, if a person has an issue, then blatantly runs down the r.o. and makes contact inside the fault lines, is that always a re-shoot or is it sometimes a 10.6.1 dq?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    So, if a person has an issue, then blatantly runs down the r.o. and makes contact inside the fault lines, is that always a re-shoot or is it sometimes a 10.6.1 dq?
    To be a DQ it would seem to me that it had to be intentional. How do you demonstrate/prove intent?

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Thing what I didn't know last weekend.

It is ok to cock the hammer back on a still holstered and empty 1911 at make ready.

Competitor got upset and desired butt patting because I stopped him and messed with his mojo so I could ask the CRO about it. I didn't get upset because I figure if you want to keep your mojo pristine you should either know how to relax while a question is answered or just avoid doing anything weird.

Asked the RM about it later and he said there was a long Enos forum discussion about it a couple years back and that it is legal because there is no place that it specifically says that it is not legal.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Asking questions is almost always a good thing!

I'm curious: did you stop the shooter solely because you thought it might a violation of rules, or because you thought it was unsafe?

Thing what I didn't know last weekend.

It is ok to cock the hammer back on a still holstered and empty 1911 at make ready.

Competitor got upset and desired butt patting because I stopped him and messed with his mojo so I could ask the CRO about it. I didn't get upset because I figure if you want to keep your mojo pristine you should either know how to relax while a question is answered or just avoid doing anything weird.

Asked the RM about it later and he said there was a long Enos forum discussion about it a couple years back and that it is legal because there is no place that it specifically says that it is not legal.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I'm curious: did you stop the shooter solely because you thought it might a violation of rules, or because you thought it was unsafe?

Rules. I personally wouldn't make a habit of pulling the hammer back on a holstered gun though.

Other thing, one of the guys on the some what super squad thought it would be a cute & fun thing to cock another guys hammer while they were waiting to shoot. Legal also I guess, but I am not a fan.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Rules. I personally wouldn't make a habit of pulling the hammer back on a holstered gun though.

Other thing, one of the guys on the some what super squad thought it would be a cute & fun thing to cock another guys hammer while they were waiting to shoot. Legal also I guess, but I am not a fan.

That's uncool. The cocked hammer might not be a rules violation, but I could see a DQ for unsportsmanlike conduct (10.6).

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Don't get so hung up on rules. I had the fortune to give procedurals to the head of NROI and he said I was wrong and I called the RM he agreed with the shooter. The president of USPSA disagreed with the shooter and RM. Long discussion at RM golf cart with rule book out. I had shooters to run so I didn't hear or care about the discussion.
    I still had reasons for my call but they disagreed. Later they come back and said it was something different than what was originally discussed.
    So if 3 of the biggest shots in the sport can't agree and have to use the rule book and still have 3 different opinions they can't expect us weekend RO's to know every little detail in the rulebook and make a call in a matter of seconds with confidence.
    (I still think I was right by the way:))

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Don't get so hung up on rules. I had the fortune to give procedurals to the head of NROI and he said I was wrong and I called the RM he agreed with the shooter. The president of USPSA disagreed with the shooter and RM. Long discussion at RM golf cart with rule book out. I had shooters to run so I didn't hear or care about the discussion.
    I still had reasons for my call but they disagreed. Later they come back and said it was something different than what was originally discussed.
    So if 3 of the biggest shots in the sport can't agree and have to use the rule book and still have 3 different opinions they can't expect us weekend RO's to know every little detail in the rulebook and make a call in a matter of seconds with confidence.
    (I still think I was right by the way:))

What was the it?

Top Bottom