• ...and so much more!
  • DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Nice Match Guys!

Coach, Jake, all of the RO's and everyone else that had a hand in this match. GREAT JOB! (Even the little plate out in BFE) And whoever was in charge of the weather - cudos to you as well!

Got home and figured out what was cutting my weak side hand. At some point (probably before today part of the paddle on my slide release broke off and there was a sharp edge that made it's way into my hand under recoil. Doesn't explain all of the failures on the part of the mags and ammo. I plan to try to polish the feed ramp again and see what that does. I may be looking for a single stack gunsmith before too long. I hope to see you all next week at ACC. :D:D

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Great match! You werent kidding about those long shots... Funny how I got 2 Alphas on the longest one but missed the close one. Go figure.

Hope to see you all at ACC next Sunday.

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    Funny how I got 2 Alphas on the longest one but missed the close one. Go figure.

I did about the same thing. We started on the "rifle range" stage. I shot decent points on the far targets, had three (yes, three) mikes on the close-up targets. I kicked my own butt mentally and shot a clean match after that stage.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Next month

No long range shots next month no matter how much people request them. The stage on the rifle range will be a lot of movement and lots of positions but nothing long range.

SC_Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Bloomington
    No long range shots next month no matter how much people request them. The stage on the rifle range will be a lot of movement and lots of positions but nothing long range.

Oh c'mon Coach. I was hoping for something in the 75-yd range to wrap up the season but I guess I'll have to make do with closer shots next time.

Thanks for a great match!

ACT II

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Indiana
    I sent the results about an hour ago, so everyone should have them by now.

I learned some stuff today. I've shot a lot of matches wearing a concealment garment, but today I tried it using my IWB holster in the appendix position. The draw and presentation is a bit different (and slower), especially because it's tough to get a good grip on the pistol before I start yanking from the holster. Another "new" thing was having magazines toward the front of my belt instead of on my side with a buttoned shirt. My first attempt at a reload (on the stage in the rifle range) was an interesting exercise in How Not to Do It. I grabbed my magazine without clearing the shirt, so I had a handful of shirt with the magazine inside of it. On a later stage, I got the shirt out of the way, but didn't get a good grip on the magazine before I pulled it . . . resulting in the magazine going to the ground instead of into the gun. Getting to mags on the side of my belt was lot simpler, probably because that's the way I've always done when I'm wearing a concealment garment, whether it's buttoned or not.

It's good to learn (or re-learn) these lessons when the "penalty" for making mistakes doesn't really exist.

Joseph Viray (aka rhino)
    Joseph@AdaptiveConsultingandTraining.com

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Joey, you need to wear belly shirts or get some of the stripper clothing with the velcro pull-a-ways.

Even with the long shots (5 mikes that stage) it was a blast to shoot USPSA again after a couple month hiatus. Kudos to all who put it on and put the hard work in. And you really couldn't ask for better weather.

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    It was a great match.

I learned that it's not a good idea to assume a mag is fully loaded before sticking it back on your belt; I ran a mag dry on one stage because it only had 10-rounds (d'oh!). Other than that, and totally tanking the classifier, I was happy with how I shot.

The stage with the steel that was off in the woods was cool... it took my squad a while to spot it during the walkthrough. Eventually I figured out you could hit it from the first firing position as you stepped into the COF. The partially hidden swinger was also a nice surprise.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Joey, you need to wear belly shirts or get some of the stripper clothing with the velcro pull-a-ways.

quote]

Let's not encourage him. Somehow, I have managed to be present during a prone shoot that scarred some of us for life and the infamous complete short blowout at an IDPA match at Wildcat.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Great match as always. Jake, I think I had some bravos in the horseshoe to make up for your lack thereof. Of course, the mics and turtle like speed ruined any hopes of a good score...someday It will all come together. The most important thing is..I had a blast :ar15:

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    nice video. Thanks for posting that.

I did mean to complain about that rope jumping out and grabbing me like that.

And why was aaron yelling about a duck on the long stage? I didnt see one???

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Bird lover what can I say. except that is where HOA got away. i apologize for my poor sportsmanship.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom