• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    Hey, M_Deaner, did I look at the scores right? You're like second in Limited!? Good job!

Thanks... I think it was a fluke.

Getting my gun to run 100% helped. I've been having problems with Wolf primers, even with a heavy (stock) striker spring... switching to Federal fixed my light strike issues.

Edit: Another reason I lucked out and landed in second place was that Jake was shooting single-stack instead of limited this time.

Last edited:

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    But you have such a future in videography. I can see you in a French Beret yelling Action...then telling Jake that he is doing it all wrong...:dunno:

Ok, this is downrange, not riverman...he must have signed on to this computer last. Sorry Jeffy

He was doing that!!

If you look at my second stage on the tape, Craig and Coach kept telling me I was doing it wrong. However for single stack I don't think so.
    The reason for my thinking is that if I started on the left, took my 8 shots at the 4 targets, I would then have to almost do a standing reload to turn and engage the 4 targets thru the port.

by starting on the right I took my 8 shots (actually 9, I made up one in the black) I turned and went all the to the position on the right giving me time to reload and set up on the targets, then I was able to move forward to the port during my reload (which was not smooth at all) and set up on the final 4 targets.
    I ran it in 16.93

If I didn't have to make up the shot and would have made my reload I would have been in the mid 14's with 2 reloads.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    He was doing that!!

If you look at my second stage on the tape, Craig and Coach kept telling me I was doing it wrong. However for single stack I don't think so.
    The reason for my thinking is that if I started on the left, took my 8 shots at the 4 targets, I would then have to almost do a standing reload to turn and engage the 4 targets thru the port.

by starting on the right I took my 8 shots (actually 9, I made up one in the black) I turned and went all the to the position on the right giving me time to reload and set up on the targets, then I was able to move forward to the port during my reload (which was not smooth at all) and set up on the final 4 targets.
    I ran it in 16.93

If I didn't have to make up the shot and would have made my reload I would have been in the mid 14's with 2 reloads.

I thought it worked out well for ya. I wouldn't criticize anyone for their plans. I always come up with one, then the buzzer goes off and I forget it.

Good times anyway. Catch ya next month.

Top Bottom