• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Just letting anyone who didn't know, there is a UT CFP Instructor in central IN. The benefits to UT are that you gain (for a total of 33) states the recognize UT. This compares to 26 states for IN LTC's, alone. The UT CFP is also much less expensive than, say ... FL, @ $65.25 for the 1st 5 yrs. & $10 for renewals. (FL is $117 every 5 yrs) The closest state of benefit is OH, as they recognize UT but not IN.
    Just FYI if anyone wants to schedule a class sometime. More info is available @ Utah Department of Public Safety - Bureau of Criminal Identification and Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Class

Thanks.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I would like to get this as well... as I have family in Ohio.

Bingo!

There usually is a class in the spring and fall up in Indy, I have been waiting for an announcement. If we could gather 10 or so, they will run a class all for us as I remember.

If ANYONE hears about a class time, PLEASE, let me know. I really need this.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Thanks, bigcraig, for the endorsement. I appolgize for not replying to the posts as quickly as I usually do. My dad died the beginning of the month & I have been somewhat sidetracked dealing with that & some family things associated with that.
    I hope to get a class or two organized in the next month or so & will do my best to get it posted here.
    Thanks again.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    My sympathies for the loss of your Dad.

And I would also be very interested in a Utah License.

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Sorry about your father. I would be interested in a Utah class too if my schedule will allow it.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    I am actually doing a class on Sat. 5/10/08 in Speedway at 11AM. @ this point, we are shooting (okay, poor chice of words) for the Speedway Library (on 25th St.), but might have to relocate if they don't like the idea, or if a LOT of people show up. If that happens, I have a couple of alternative locations that should work, too.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Minuteman,

Pami and I are interested in the Utah license, but are already scheduled for a class on Saturday the 10th, Can you add us to a list of people to inform for the next go-around?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I am actually doing a class on Sat. 5/10/08 in Speedway at 11AM. @ this point, we are shooting (okay, poor chice of words) for the Speedway Library (on 25th St.), but might have to relocate if they don't like the idea, or if a LOT of people show up. If that happens, I have a couple of alternative locations that should work, too.

Thanks Minuteman32.

Questons;

What does the class consist of? I assume no firearms handling, being in a library?

How long will it go?

Cost?

Do you need to sign up or just show up? If sign up, how late can you sign up?

Hiram Abiff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Wayne Co.
    Daniel,
    My condolences in the passing of your father. I would also be intrested in attending your class to obtain a UT permit/license.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008

IM Sent, how do we RSVP?

Top Bottom