• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LeeStreet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    South of Steuben Co.
    Congrats, dude.......I just received a letter from the State of Utah yesterday, they didn't like the picture I sent in....soooo, I had to re-take it, now I sent it in again, and now I wonder if it will take them ANOTHER 3 months to get back to me........GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR........

All who took that class in FEb., should be getting the answer soon...

I woulda had mine RIGHT NOW , if the picture would have been OK.......

BTW, NO one told me, including the arse-hole that took the photo, you must adhere to a very strict set of criteria in the photo.....

Apparently, the Utahs didn't like that I had on a winter coat on, uh....IT WAS WINTER, DUDES...

In any case, now my wait begins anew, dammitt........

Jeeez, all of this "hoop-jumpin'.." to get permitted to do a thing that I am right-fully assured by the Constitution is my RIGHT , which SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED....oh well...

The "man" says "jump"...and I say..."...how high ? ?..."

I am out....
    Did they say anything about the set of numbers you were holding ?

Nemick

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Fishers
    Is the Utah permit lifetime or how often do you have to renew? I travel to OHio a lot and it sure would be nice to be able to carry there.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    would an NRA Basic Handgun course work? And how long from the course? a year? what would you have to supply as your proof?

No an NRA basic class does not meet the criteria.

Dignitary Protection Group who is a site supporter here can provide you with the class training needed to obtain the Utah permit.

You have 1 year from the class being taken to file paper work.

Dignitary Protection Group - INGunOwners

citycreek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Man, I took that class and never mailed in my application. I wonder if it's too late?

When I took my class, someone asked that. The instructor said (his personal opinion) that generally you should mail it in within a year, and the UT BCI would probably reject an older out-dated form if it was too old (in the bottom right corner each application form indicates the month/year it was revised).

You should call and ask the UT BCI about your form.

Utah Department of Public Safety

citycreek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    instructors for UT permit located in IN

There are seven people in Indiana who are instructors for the Utah permit. You can find their names, phone number, and email address or website at:

Certified Instructors for UT Permit
    <concealedinstructors>

ThePope

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Fort Wayne,In
    Did they say anything about the set of numbers you were holding ?

LOL, damn funny feller........THAT could have been the problem-o, man.....lol...

CONGRATS to T-Rav, and LotsaGlocks, and of course, John P82....

I sent the new and improved photo in today, to the Utah Burro of Criminal Investigations....yikes....

Maybe they will expedite my card since the only thing that was wrong was the photo, we shall see....

MEANWHILE, I did send away for my LIFE-TIME permit from Indiana....yipppie ! !

I should hear from them in, oh, 'bout 90 days or so....

I was told by the nice lady at the Police Station, that I can keep the paper-work applying for the permit on me, in leu of the life-time permit, if mine expires between the time I get the new one, and the old one...SWEET, no down-time for my carry ....no interruption...

I am Out .....;)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom