• ...and so much more!
  • steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Kirk Freeman said:
    Great. Send me the Mennonite study. You can even Tweet it to me.

I'm not the doctor in this interview. Demand it from her. I'm not even defending that one line in the article as fact because I have no facts to back it up.

The rest of the article is interesting though.

Kirk Freeman said:
    Besides, the OP highlighted the Mennonites and I helped him by telling him the history of that nonsense.

No, you told him a history of a different piece of nonsense - and let's be clear that I agree with you that it's nonsense. I am not a big fan of Dan or Age of Autism in general.

None of this discredits the rest of this article.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    So here is what is important Kirk freeman do u have kids? If so did u vaccinate them? If so good for u they are your kids and chose to do what u think is right. On the other hand this is a free country and everyone should be able to decide what they want to do with there own kids. LEt them chose freely. You vaccinated yours so now u think there safe from the diseases don't worry about any one else's

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Kirk Freeman said:
    Ok, if you don't have any evidence then I guess we'll never know where that nonsense came from.

Not only do we not know where it came from, we don't even know if it is nonsense. I'm inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt based on her impressive education and work record, but I'd be asking for a source just like you if I could.

Kirk Freeman said:
    So, citing studies that do not exist does not shake your faith?

Sure it does, if they don't exist.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    mbills said:
    Steve your giving her the benefit of the doubt is you being inconsistent.

I think you're misunderstanding me. When I say that I am giving her the benefit of the doubt, I mean that I am willing to consider the other things that she says and explains in her interview. I am willing to consider her viewpoint, as it comes from an educated and experienced scientist. I am still searching for evidence, but I am not discounting her entire viewpoint because she made one statement that I am unable to fact-check.

I am not accepting that particular statement as fact until I see the evidence. But that particular statement is not the crux of her argument and is largely irrelevant. So I'll discount that statement for now and consider the rest.

Do you find that to be unreasonable?

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    There are many possible factors to be considered. Many pesticides are blamed and many pharmaceuticals as well. The Mennonites probably don't let these items into their lives. That could be a large factor IF the study holds merit.
    I have a 14 yr old autistic son that seemed pretty normal until he had the vaccinations. You could see the difference in him almost immediately. I consider him and myself fortunate in that his is mostly speech related and otherwise very "normal" for what that's worth.
    Lots of possibilities and NONE should be dismissed until studied and charted. My nickel's worth in this thread.
    As the parent of an autistic I blame myself for not being knowledgeable enough to have prevented his condition. OR....is it just natural human progression due to our contaminating our world?
    IF you have a dog in this fight then chime in or put in your pennies to help fund research. If you don't have a dog in it...then take the pennies you would have spent on dog food and donate it to the research.
    I'm glad this subject is addressed here. Your grandkids are much more likely to develop autism than my son was. Chances of an autistic were 1 in 166 at the time. Look at todays ratio and be alarmed. It's not just recognizing the autism now. It's a growing issue for all of us that might give a sh.. about all kids.

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Follow this logic.

Vaccines are known to cause permanent brain damage, seizures, deafness, coma, "lowered consciousness," neurological damage, and death, according to the CDC.

Repeat: permanent brain damage is a known vaccine symptom. But, vaccines causing slight behavior problems -- a.k.a. the "autism spectrum" -- impossible!!

Last edited:

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    The mennonite issue was they refuse to take any vacs which contain any fetal cells .

That's not true, I spoke to a Minnonite elder in my family's community today ( i was talking to my welding supply there and the topic came up and he handed the phone to Mr Stoltzfoos ) he told me all of the Southern MD sect of Minnonites get the same vaccinations that every other child gets that goes to public school in MD.
    They hire a doctor to comes to their community and do a large vaccination.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Finally. I was wondering when we'd get around to discussing this topic. It seems like minutes since the last time we did our requisite 10 laps around the vaccine pool.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    That's not true, I spoke to a Minnonite elder in my family's community today ( i was talking to my welding supply there and the topic came up and he handed the phone to Mr Stoltzfoos ) he told me all of the Southern MD sect of Minnonites get the same vaccinations that every other child gets that goes to public school in MD.
    They hire a doctor to comes to their community and do a large vaccination.

"Same vaccines" could mean anything here...

"Same vaccines" could mean "vaccine against the same diseases etc" which leaves the door open to getting vaccines for the same diseases minus the fetal cells that are at issue here.
    "Same vaccines" could mean "Exactly same the same vaccine" in which case the Mennonite connection would be largely irrelevant or even slightly contradictory to what the Dr. is saying.

That being said, it is interesting to say the least.

I'm not an anti-vaxxer nor a pro-vaxxer, I'm caught in the middle completely confused on what is best for my child...

Top Bottom