• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Peter Potamus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    Indianapolis
    The saddest part of this thread is that there are so many people who are so easily manipulated and can be made to believe anything. Some seem desperate to believe anything they are told, regardless of the obvious foolishness.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    The Parrot is Dead.

When real life surpasses Monty Python in surrealism: exemption from vaccination on philosophical grounds

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    CountryBoy19 said:
    I'm not an anti-vaxxer nor a pro-vaxxer, I'm caught in the middle completely confused on what is best for my child...

Good for you, sincerely. Embrace the struggle. Weigh the pros and cons, instead of pretending that there are no cons. Whichever way you go, at least you'll know that you put in the time and thought and didn't leave it in the hands of a stranger.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Good for you, sincerely. Embrace the struggle. Weigh the pros and cons, instead of pretending that there are no cons. Whichever way you go, at least you'll know that you put in the time and thought and didn't leave it in the hands of a stranger.

I'm just against anything considered mandatory. Be it good or bad.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The saddest part of this thread is that there are so many people who are so easily manipulated and can be made to believe anything. Some seem desperate to believe anything they are told, regardless of the obvious foolishness.

Right now, I see people on both ends of the spectrum saying: "yeah, that guy's right!"

:cowbell:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    mbills2223 said:
    If anyone gets my kid sick because their kids weren't vaccinated it won't be pretty.

You get to choose what company your child keeps.

If that is your greatest concern, then man up and take control.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    mbills2223 said:
    You know nothing of my life. Don't even start this crap with me

What crap? If you're concerned with the lifestyles of others, don't allow your child around people with those lifestyles.

Seems simple to me.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You get to choose what company your child keeps.

If that is your greatest concern, then man up and take control.

So, do unvaccinated kids where special hats so they may be identified?

Are there separate drinking fountains?

Separate playgrounds and schools?

We already know there are not separate airplanes.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    This has really fell apart.My son has had every vaccination in which a child is required to have.I am not antivac. As the autism no.increase every year,at some point the cause will be found.Than the greedy lawyers will have a field day. If any scraps are left,mabye the children will get more help. My wife who was in perfect health,NEVER smoked,NEVER drank, asks herself every day what she did wrong. Now a niece has just found her son has it. Laugh if you all must,but this problem stares me in the face every day.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

QFT.

Sometimes you just want answer to "Why?" and will latch onto to something no matter how tenuous the connection. And after believing it for so long, defending it becomes the same thing as defending yourself.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This has really fell apart.My son has had every vaccination in which a child is required to have.I am not antivac. As the autism no.increase every year,at some point the cause will be found.Than the greedy lawyers will have a field day. If any scraps are left,mabye the children will get more help. My wife who was in perfect health,NEVER smoked,NEVER drank, asks herself every day what she did wrong. Now a niece has just found her son has it. Laugh if you all must,but this problem stares me in the face every day.

No one here is laughing at you, your situation, your child or any other INGO'ers in the same boat. To contrary we emphasize with you.

Those we do laugh at are the snake-oil hucksters that would put children at risk to horrible communicable diseases all based on some pseudo-science and correlation in the time children get vaccinated and the time that autism symptoms manifest. What they're doing is borderline criminal.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    hose we do laugh at are the snake-oil hucksters that would put children at risk to horrible communicable diseases all based on some pseudo-science and correlation in the time children get vaccinated and the time that autism symptoms manifest. What they're doing is borderline criminal.

Amen.

The hucksters who attack science to grind their own axes against former bosses or sagging actresses attempting to sound smarter than the aquarium fish that they really are (but hot, good grief are they hot) and then claim "cures" are doing great harm to concerned parents who only want to know how to fix or avoid a problem.

We get no science, no studies, just emotion and faith-based rantings.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I wouldn't mistake that for substance. I am not convinced that vaccines cause autism, but I've seen very little evidence that has convinced me otherwise. And I have read up on the subject extensively.

That's good, because in actuality NO ONE knows what causes Autism. So without understanding the underlying physiological processes how can you establish causality. Cart before the horse

So we're just going to assume that this Doctor with a PhD from Stanford doing extensive corporate work in biotechnology just made it up? And disregard the rest of the rather long article, full of interesting evidence and reasoning to support her claims?

How very scientific of you.

Steveh, I am afraid I would disregard her for scientific reasons. She is citing as evidence data obtained through statistical analysis of reporting from sources of widely variable veracity and verifiability. No peer review, and she's in the business of selling alternate cell lines not 'contaminated' with fetal toxins. A snake oil saleswoman with a PhD from Stanford is still a snake oil saleswoman, just a well educated one.

Top Bottom