• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    I decided that genesis atty's were not my thing. SO my Zen Standard is becoming a Chrome Provari and a Jazz Pipe

DSC_0067_zps9b974c0b.jpg

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I just ordered a Provari mini, Leather Serenity Sleeve, Stainless Pro Ring, 18500 Battery extension, Stainless Ming Drip Tip, AGA-T2 Genesis Tank, 30 awg wire and some #400 SS mesh.

Whew, should be a heck of a setup. :D

zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    I just ordered a Provari mini, Leather Serenity Sleeve, Stainless Pro Ring, 18500 Battery extension, Stainless Ming Drip Tip, AGA-T2 Genesis Tank, 30 awg wire and some #400 SS mesh.

Whew, should be a heck of a setup. :D

You'll love the provari. I have 2 and an evic and the evic seldom gets used. good luck with the T-2. SS personally did not blow me away

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I decided that genesis atty's were not my thing. SO my Zen Standard is becoming a Chrome Provari and a Jazz Pipe

What about the Genesis did you not like?? I think it's just as informative to find out what people do NOT like about something, as it is to know what they like about it.

zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    What about the Genesis did you not like?? I think it's just as informative to find out what people do NOT like about something, as it is to know what they like about it.

Personally the flavor did not blow me away like it does some people. I could not tell the difference between a vivi nova rewrapped with cotton, a HH 357 atty, and the genny. It took a lot more effor to get an AGA-T or a Zen going then my vivi nova. So I decided that they werent for me.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    So far the IkenVape cartomizers have been my favorites and I also find them easy to make ready for vaping.

I just received the Provari package today. I setup the AGA-T2 and being my first time I did have to fiddle a bit. It took me about 25 minutes and it's working very nicely.

I do find that I have to tip slightly upwards for a second before firing the Provari so the wick gets plenty of juice. I also left the fill screw out to aid in proper wicking. The flavor is good but i'm still on the fence weather it's better compared to the cartomizer.

At this point i'm going to say it's just as good but not better. I'll let the SS wick break in a couple days and then make that judgement.

I used the drill bit method for making the coil and I found it to be pretty simple and straight forward. I just had to roll the SS wick to fit. I may hand wrap my next one to see what I like better.

More than likely at this point I'll use the Carto tank for carrying at work and use the T2 at home.

zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    So far the IkenVape cartomizers have been my favorites and I also find them easy to make ready for vaping.

I just received the Provari package today. I setup the AGA-T2 and being my first time I did have to fiddle a bit. It took me about 25 minutes and it's working very nicely.

I do find that I have to tip slightly upwards for a second before firing the Provari so the wick gets plenty of juice. I also left the fill screw out to aid in proper wicking. The flavor is good but i'm still on the fence weather it's better compared to the cartomizer.

At this point i'm going to say it's just as good but not better. I'll let the SS wick break in a couple days and then make that judgement.

I used the drill bit method for making the coil and I found it to be pretty simple and straight forward. I just had to roll the SS wick to fit. I may hand wrap my next one to see what I like better.

More than likely at this point I'll use the Carto tank for carrying at work and use the T2 at home.

congrats on the new set up. if you find the AGA not wicking enough you might try taking the fill screw out.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Guys I must admit... I fell off the wagon.

I have not gone entirely back to analogs but one night a few week ago both of my batteries died and I caved. I walked to the store down the road and bought a pack of smokes while waiting for my battery to charge.

I am ashamed.

zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Implant grade steel and fused quartz for the tank. After having a zen standard for a bit. Zen products seem well worth the money

UnionPmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Funny that this thread pops up, I just started V2 Cigs a week ago. I had previously tried a "gas station" cheap brand a couple of months ago and got what I paid for. The V2's are great. I won't say that they totally relieve "analog" cigarette cravings, but they are close. My problem now is that I did not reorder cartridges fast enough and I am going to be without unless I pay for overnight shipping. :(

If you want to quit smoking, do some research and try e-cigs. After 20+ years of a pack a day, they are working.

zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    I can't justify spending that much on an APV. That's why I went with the 20$ Ego 18650 mod and a smoketech redux clearomizer. I had the Smoketech DCT tanks but didn't really like them much. The clearomizers are very good though.

If you're happy and they keep you from smoking that all that really matters:rockwoot:

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    Guys I must admit... I fell off the wagon.

I have not gone entirely back to analogs but one night a few week ago both of my batteries died and I caved. I walked to the store down the road and bought a pack of smokes while waiting for my battery to charge.

I am ashamed.
    "Ashamed"??? Nah! Just get back on it dude.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    Picked up a Kanger ProTank Clearomizer from Indy Vapor Shop today, so far much better than my Vivi Mini Nova. Quite a bit bigger though, definitely looks silly on my eGo 650mah battery.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I've been on ecigs for over a year and a half and I've yet to buy a factory unit. I've had a lot of fun making my own. I'm almost done with my latest one. I use 510 connectors on all my units because I like a 510 dual coil, low resistance cartomizer. This unit is made from a chunk of one inch thick lexan. It has an 18650 battery with a 4.5 tank and it still disappears in a shirt pocket. The lexan is clear but after shaping and sanding it has a frosted look. It is still semi-transparent allowing the internals to be somewhat visible. I haven't decided if I'm going to paint it yet. So far, the only thing I've noticed that may be a bit of a problem is that its a little heavy. Time will tell if that ends up being an issue. It has a nice look to it and it feels really comfortable in my hand. I'm still waiting for some epoxy to fully cure before I finalize the shape on part of it. I'll try to post pics when its completely finished.

Top Bottom