• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I saw your earlier post about this. Looks cool. Is this something that the parts can be bought and just screwed together like the small 510's? I'm really new to this and kind of lost on what fits together. I appreciate your help.

The sockets that the carto screws into are available on various websites. You can easily and cheaply buy anything you need to make one. Some units have fancy stuff like voltage regulators and stuff that lights up. Mine is as basic as it gets, just a battery connected to the two wires on the socket with a switch. If you're using 510 cartos you just have to make sure you get a 510 connector to screw it into. There are lots of places that sell parts but this is where I buy from a lot. DIY Parts

For a first build, I'd recommend looking at some of "box mods". They are basically just a small plastic battery box modified to hold a battery, switch and a connector.

chase317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    Hello Vapers!

My name is Jeremy, and I am the manager of Indy Vapor Shop here in Indy. I haven't been on this board in awhile, and I'm glad to see so many have kicked the analog killer cigarettes!

We here at Indy Vapor Shop are strong 2nd Amendment supporters and activists. We welcome all Ingunowners.com members to our store and website.

Here is a special discount code for all of you, it will give 10% off most items on our site: INGUNS
    Welcome To The Only Vapor Shop In Indianapolis And Central Indiana.......

Some items we cannot discount due to our merchants agreements with the manufacturers, but the majority of inventory is covered.

We also have deals on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/indyvaporshop

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Hello Vapers!

My name is Jeremy, and I am the manager of Indy Vapor Shop here in Indy. I haven't been on this board in awhile, and I'm glad to see so many have kicked the analog killer cigarettes!

We here at Indy Vapor Shop are strong 2nd Amendment supporters and activists. We welcome all Ingunowners.com members to our store and website.

Here is a special discount code for all of you, it will give 10% off most items on our site: INGUNS
    Welcome To The Only Vapor Shop In Indianapolis And Central Indiana.......

Some items we cannot discount due to our merchants agreements with the manufacturers, but the majority of inventory is covered.

We also have deals on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/indyvaporshop

Thanks! Can that discount be used in the store or just on the site? I've used your store many times but I always just stop in when I'm in the area.

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    This sounds great ! I look forward to trying this out. Now i have a question for yens -airports ? I plan on buying a kit and using it , but in about 2 weeks i fly out on vacation. Have any of you had any trouble at the airport security ?

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I am trying again to get back on the E-cig waggon. I decided to upgrade my set up from a 510-t starter kit to an eGo twist 650mah set up. I got a couple different clearomizers to try out. Picked up 2 Kanger T-3s and a couple Vision CE-3s along with a couple of the standard eGo tanks. I'm hoping the longer battery life is enough to keep me on track this time.

WILSON

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Top, left-hand corne
    I am trying again to get back on the E-cig waggon. I decided to upgrade my set up from a 510-t starter kit to an eGo twist 650mah set up. I got a couple different clearomizers to try out. Picked up 2 Kanger T-3s and a couple Vision CE-3s along with a couple of the standard eGo tanks. I'm hoping the longer battery life is enough to keep me on track this time.

What does all that stuff mean,.. and what can be bought online? Something decent, but easy to understand.
    icon11.gif

I've noticed the brand-name "Blu" showing up everywhere. Are those junk?

(sorry if someone already suggested a "best beginner's kit" - I'll read this thread more thoroughly later)

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    What does all that stuff mean,.. and what can be bought online? Something decent, but easy to understand.
    icon11.gif

I've noticed the brand-name "Blu" showing up everywhere. Are those junk?

(sorry if someone already suggested a "best beginner's kit" - I'll read this thread more thoroughly later)

I started out with a Joyetech 510-T Starter kit. Joye 510-T Manual Kit - Starter Kits

There are pretty much two standard sizes on the market. the sizes 510 and eGo refer the the threading on the batteries themselves and normally are also a good indicator of the size of the battery. The smaller ones that are about the size of a regular cigarette are, usually, 510 theaded. The larger ones that are about the size of a cigar are, usually, eGo threaded.

A cartomizer is a an atomizer and a cartridge combined into one unit. This is what you fill and attach to your battery so you can vape.

A clearomizer is the same thing only it is clear so you can see the fluid left in the tank.

Mah refers is an abriviation for milliampere-hour it is also a good indicator of how many draws you can get of of a battery that is fully charged. for exaple a 650mah battery should give you about 650 draws before it needs charged again.

It can get very confusing. It took me 3 months before I felt comfortable making an order and jumping in.

Oh and yes Blu is junk. The disposables are ok in a pinch but the Joyetech kit I linked is lighyears ahead.

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    I just picked up an eGo-T 1100 MAH passthrough and 2 T-2 tanks.
    What a difference from the 510. Way more battery life, and I can use it while it's being charged. 7 weeks without a cig. :)

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I just picked up an eGo-T 1100 MAH passthrough and 2 T-2 tanks.
    What a difference from the 510. Way more battery life, and I can use it while it's being charged. 7 weeks without a cig. :)

Battery life was the main issue I am having with the 510s also. I started vaping the way I smoked and I would consistantly kill both batteries before the day was over. Or I would kill one while the other was still charging and I broke down and started smoking again. I'm hoping one 650mah will last all day at work and I can have a fresh battery waiting at home that should last all night. Of course I got the variable voltage eGo twist so as long as the tanks I got don't need the voltage raised up to high (they are 2.6-2.8 ohms which should work fine with the eGo) my plan should work this time.

UnionPmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I've had good luck with V2 cigs for about two months now. I bought the portable charging case which has helped with battery charging. The starter kit I bought came with 2 batteries. The only issue I had is the top strength is 1.8% nicotine. It just wasn't enough, I was constantly vaping, until today. Zig-zag (yes, the rolling papers company) partnered with V2 and debuted a 2.4% nicotine cartridge. I love it! Good flavor and I can tell the difference in the strength. I would definitely recommend V2, with just one other flaw. I've only been able to find them online.

Electronic Cigarettes | V2 Cigs

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    I'm in extreme NW Indiana (Highland). Indy is hours away...
    icon9.gif
    Start with what UnionPmedic said. Find a starter kit. Forget the Blu.
    You can buy prefilled cartomizers, but you could always find a decent place online to buy nicotine juice and refill them.

Any flavor you can imagine and almost any nicotine amounts are available online.
    ECBlend E-Liquids - Something Better has an awesome dragonfruit line. (Dragon's Tear is unreal.) They also let you custom make your own flavor blends. Damn cheap too.

The offer different pg/vg blends as well. This is what makes up the vapor. Different blends, different amounts of vapor vs throat hit. different nicotine levels too.

There's a ton of stuff you can learn, but start at the starter kit and go from there. That's exactly what I did, and I was smoking almost 2 packs a day. I haven't had a smoke since I took the first drag.

Good luck

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    icon9.gif

The online stores I use regularly are

www.altsmoke.com They are out of Ohio and normally have very fast shipping and pretty fair prices on stuff. Also they have live chat so if you have any questions about a product you can ask them directly. Great Customer service so far.

GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more Is out of Texas and take a little longer to get your order but they have some of the best prices I have found online and lots of Youtube reviews on the products they sell that are helpfull.

Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes, USA made E Juice, and Accessories is a Juice company out of Mount Baker Washington. They make some pretty decent juice and are good for small parts like attomizers and such just to round out your order so your not paying $5.00 shipping for a $3.00 bottle of juice.

and of course

Welcome To The Only Vapor Shop In Indianapolis And Central Indiana....... Last but certainly not least is Indy Vapor Shop. Great people, and INGOers now it seems. They helped me buy my first kit and get started vaping and they will do the same for you. Extremely fast shipping being intrastate it only takes about a day. Fair prices and I am just big on keeping my money inside Indiana as much as possible. Give them a call or shoot them an email and they will get you set on the right track.

Last edited:

kevhed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Chesterton
    icon9.gif

Go check out Vapin n Valpo. They are on the corner of lincolnway and Morgan in valpo (obviously). I picked up an ego starter kit there 3 weeks ago and haven't touched an analog since. They are very helpful, have a decent selection, you can try the different flavored juices (they have quite a few) before you buy, and they're open till 7pm. If you decide vaping will work as an alternative for you, check out mount baker vapor for more juice. They are much more affordable and I've liked everything I've tried from there. Good luck and kick that habit!!

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I got my eGo twist set up on monday morning. I got Vision CE-4s not the 3s I thought they were. Oh well I really don't care what gen they are they work great! Good flavor and lots of vapor on the lowest voltage setting. Higher voltage than about 3.6 volts I found on these results in popping and hot juice in my mouth. The Kanger T-3s hold ALOT of juice. 3ml when full. They sacrifce a bit of flavor and require a little more voltage, I've found they work best on mine at about 4.2 volts, but I get clouds of vapor and great throat hit.

I have been using the same battery since monday morning after a good charge and I haven't killed it yet. I am really liking my new set up so far.

Top Bottom