• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LlamaMama

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Bunker Hill

This is beyond ridiculous. I really hope the FBI gets somewhere with their investigation.

Goodcat LLC out of Florida is the company that got the temporary federal injuction and got a permit to sell in Indiana. That article made it sound like there's a good chance they'll win because of interstate commerce laws. There's some hope yet.

Maybe we should start a thread with a running master list of the out of state companies that will/won't ship to Indiana in the meantime?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    This is beyond ridiculous. I really hope the FBI gets somewhere with their investigation.

Goodcat LLC out of Florida is the company that got the temporary federal injuction and got a permit to sell in Indiana. That article made it sound like there's a good chance they'll win because of interstate commerce laws. There's some hope yet.

Maybe we should start a thread with a running master list of the out of state companies that will/won't ship to Indiana in the meantime?

So, come election day are you going to vote for your incumbent republicans that voted this into law? The best way to show your displeasure is to vote the scum out. And actively work against them, top to bottom.

LlamaMama

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Bunker Hill
    So, come election day are you going to vote for your incumbent republicans that voted this into law? The best way to show your displeasure is to vote the scum out. And actively work against them, top to bottom.

Absolutely not. I dislike Pence with the passion of a thousand fiery burning suns, for multiple reasons.

I try to use more than my vote as my voice, I've personally written our state representatives and senators about the vaping law. (among many other issues)

I get 'action alerts' from multiple organizations, like vaping advocacy groups, and the AMA, to sign petitions and write to our legislature every time a bill comes up for issues that are important to me. And I share the petition links to my FB page to encourage others to sign them as well. I try to do what I can.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Absolutely not. I dislike Pence with the passion of a thousand fiery burning suns, for multiple reasons.

I try to use more than my vote as my voice, I've personally written our state representatives and senators about the vaping law. (among many other issues)

I get 'action alerts' from multiple organizations, like vaping advocacy groups, and the AMA, to sign petitions and write to our legislature every time a bill comes up for issues that are important to me. And I share the petition links to my FB page to encourage others to sign them as well. I try to do what I can.

:yesway:

LlamaMama

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Bunker Hill
    What does the law state?

Any Indiana company that manufacturers E-cigarette fluid has to get a permit from the state. They have to label all bottles with their permit number, lot numbers, etc.. and keep samples out of each lot. No selling to anyone under age 18, and no free samples.

The ridiculous part is about security. Fluid has to be made in a secure room. The business has to have 24/7 monitoring and a 5 year contract with a security company with absolutely ridiculously specific qualifications, and only one security company in the entire country meets the requirements. This company only took on 6 fluid manufacturers as clients (some of which aren't even in Indiana) so now these 6 companies have a monopoly on the entire business in Indiana, and it's already putting a lot of small vap shops out of business because they can no longer make and sell their own fluid.

I'm sure I left a lot out, it's an extremely long document I skimmed through. No one really takes issue with most of it, it's the security stuff that's the main problem.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Sounds like someone should start a new security company

You can't.

The requirements include the security company having:
    An employee who has been a certified locksmith by the Associated Locksmiths of America for at least one year.
    An employee who has worked at the firm for at least one year and holds an Architectural Hardware Consultant certification from the Door and Hardware Institute.
    An employee who has worked at the firm for at least a year and holds a Rolling Steel Fire Door Technician certification from the International Door Association or the Institute of Door Dealer Education and Accreditation.
    One year of experience operating a security monitoring station with ownership control and use of a redundant offsite backup security monitoring station.
    One year of experience operating a facility with authority to modify commercial hollow metal doors, frames, and borrowed lights.
    http://economics21.org/html/goodbye-illegal-indiana-vaping-law-2030.html

LlamaMama

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Bunker Hill
    Sounds like someone should start a new security company

That's part of the problem! There is one other company in the process, but it's stupid complicated.

Here's the list of ridiculousness:

An employee who has been a certified locksmith by the Associated Locksmiths of America for at least one year.
    An employee who has worked at the firm for at least one year and holds an Architectural Hardware Consultant certification from the Door and Hardware Institute.
    An employee who has worked at the firm for at least a year and holds a Rolling Steel Fire Door Technician certification from the International Door Association or the Institute of Door Dealer Education and Accreditation.
    One year of experience operating a security monitoring station with ownership control and use of a redundant offsite backup security monitoring station.
    One year of experience operating a facility with authority to modify commercial hollow metal doors, frames, and borrowed lights.

!!

LlamaMama

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Bunker Hill
    You can't.

Goodbye Illegal Indiana Vaping Law | Economics21

Oops cross post lol

LlamaMama

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Bunker Hill
    I'm sure all those rules that allowed only one company to meet the criteria was purely by accident.

Exactly. That's why the FBI is investigating this. The owner of the security company that gets all the business said he had no idea about any of this, wasn't involved in making the law, and had no idea that his company would be the only company in the entire country that meets all the requirements. Right.. Like I'm sure these politicians have ever even heard of the 'rolling steel fire door' technician certificate and all that other nonsense.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Vaperev announced they're closing their doors on August 31st today. :(
    One less online retailer. :xmad:
    They are closing the retail outlet not the online business.

BTW Just noticed your location wonder how many people get that. Made me chuckle.

LlamaMama

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Bunker Hill
    Action Center

Here's one of those petitions I mentioned, from the Consumer Advocates for Smoke-Free Alternatives Association, to support an important bill and amendment to the FDA ecigarrette regulations:

Representative Tom Cole of Oklahoma, would save the U.S. vapor industry from being decimated by improper regulations by the FDA. This bill would amend the Food, Drug, and Cosmetics Act to change the predicate date for “deemed tobacco products.” This change would allow for all vapor products currently on the market to remain on the market without being subject to the burdensome (read: prohibitive) pre-market FDA approval application process.

Top Bottom