• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    I am looking at buying the Country Megaticket, I looked at the venue general rules and it says nothing about guns. I don’t remember last year there being any signs but now that I have my license I was wondering has anybody carried there or seen any "No gun" signs?

Thanks

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    They search everyone before you are allowed into the gate. Not sure of the signs, but I don't think you would easily get a gun in there. That's a long walk back to the truck if they tell you that you cannot bring it in.

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    Never seen any signs, but I know they make you lift you shirt and pretty sure they pat you down when you walk in. Could be wrong but I don't think so. I'm usually drunk there....That place is crawling with undercover guessing excise cops too. Went to jimmy buffet this summer some kids next to us were ticketed for drinking within 2mins of pulling in.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I went 4 times last year and never got searched, I think a lot depends on the type of show, every show I went to was a kids show, carried a couple knives and a pocket gun to everyone them.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I went 4 times last year and never got searched, I think a lot depends on the type of show, every show I went to was a kids show, carried a couple knives and a pocket gun to everyone them.

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    I am pretty sure there is a sign @ the gate. That being said I won't go in without my knife. And I 100% certain I could get a gun in. I choose not to try because I am normally drinking.

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    If I did carry it would be my LCP but by what you are all telling me I think I will just pass on trying to make it in.

Thanks

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I work security at Verizon although not the gates. I can tell you that the house Rule is no weapons of any type. If you are caught you will be asked to return it to your car. If you are asked to leave and refuse you can and probably will be arrested for trespassing. I can also tell you that the level of search depends on the show and the venue.

Driver

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    I do Krav Maga with one of the owners of ESG and there are no weapons allowed. Now if you can get in with one? It all depends on who is searching you some are lazier then others. Some times they make you empty your pockets and hold your stuff over your head as they pat you down.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    I have been there a couple of times and only carried in booze cause thiers cost so damn much. Lets just say my junk had company in the form of a bunch of little bottles for me and my GF. I am sure if you carried a 1911 you might wanna just leave it at home..

doubleshock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    hamilton county
    i have boycotted verizon for very many years now due to the guestopo tactics imposed upon the ticket buying guests as they come thru the gates. last time there i witnessed hamilton co. sheriff's officers shaking down patrons and taking their tiny little pen knives away from them, not only lifting up shirts, but checking peoples boot tops and tearing open cigarette packs in peoples shirt pockets.
    i am not into being searched like some sorry criminal while paying way high ticket and concession prices for the priveledge of walking 2 miles from the parking lot to see an act in person. so there ...i feel better now!

Driver

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    I just looked at the VERY SMALL print on the back of a ticket i had. The start of the print says.
    "Purchase or use of this ticket constitutes acceptance of the following terms, as well as the Terms and Conditions of the sale, as acknowledged during the purchase process."
    Then there is a section that says
    "Venue management reserves the right , without the refund of any portion of the ticket purchase price, to refuse admission or to eject an person whose conduct is deemed by management to be disorderly, who uses vulgar or abusive language, or who fails to comply with the rules of the venue."

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I do Krav Maga with one of the owners of ESG and there are no weapons allowed. Now if you can get in with one? It all depends on who is searching you some are lazier then others. Some times they make you empty your pockets and hold your stuff over your head as they pat you down.

Joe?

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    I have been there 6 times in the last two years for country concerts and was searched at the gate every time. Had to remove everything in my pockets while the gate guy swept his hands around my waist without touching me. I saw them throw knifed in the trash before also. There is a sign that says: No dangerous objects allowed. It does not mention firearms specifically.

wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    Do they pat down your junk as well? You could get one of those smart carry holsters if they don't go that far.

Not sure how you could use a gun in SD at a packed place such as that, though.

Top Bottom