• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Price, quality, or service. Pick two!

I didn't see this before my post because I'd opened it in another tab and let it sit before going to it... Needless to say this sums it up perfectly before I did. IT WILL get worked out, it'll just take awhile.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I read comments like this all the time.

Yeah, it does always get taken care of though. And I am fine with that so long as it does. When i order from them I'm doing so to save money not because I need it now. I can't bash them is all I'm saying. Most of the time I can think of it's always perfect. I plan on waiting a bit until it ships etc. One time they sent me the wrong part and they got it fixed, and there has been one other issue but I can't remember, obviously nothing major.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I would think PSA would hire some professionals to right their shipping end of the business. It's apparent their products sell. The only real downside I know of from PSA is their shipping.
    This issue has been around since I first heard of PSA a few years back.

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    I don't know why people mess with them when you have BCM, Primary Arms, G&R Tactical, Rainier, etc.:dunno:

I started using them because so many here spoke highly of their products. I have two of their "blemished" lowers and have nothing but good things to say about the product. It's hard to beat a lower for $49.99.

Most of the time I understand that things take longer to ship with them than they really should, but this is the first real problem I have had. I got an email today saying the replacement was scheduled to be here Thursday. That's not overnight but I think it's reasonable.

This won't be enough to stop me from ever buying from them again, but I will not be as loyal as I was.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I don't know why people mess with them when you have BCM, Primary Arms, G&R Tactical, Rainier, etc.:dunno:

Yep. I gave up of them years ago. I saw quality changing, service declining, and finally threw in the towel with the threats on ARFCOM. Up until then I had ordered from the quite a bit. At least 6 rifle builds and 2 handgun orders. About 6k rounds in 223, endless mags, lots of accessories.

I wanted to get my previous order history one day and couldn't find it. I read online that they were changing computer systems. Called to verify and was told my history was gone and I would have to create a new account. I did that and ordered more over the next year or so. Then all the sudden they did it again. Complete wipe of previous orders. Shortly after that was the BCG discussion and the threats of slander.

Just recently, on the 10th of this month in fact, I started getting emails from them again out of the blue. I haven't ordered from them, called them, emailed them, looked at their website or had ANY contact with them for over 2 years. Now I get 2 spam mails everyday. I used the unsubscribe link, no good. I called them after the second day and spoke with someone named Allen. I told him I no longer wanted to be a customer and why. I asked him to remove my name & address from their marketing department, I do not want the emails. He assured me it would be taken care of. It still continues, twice a day. I sent another email to his address this evening along with a screenshot of my inbox asking him to make it stop. They were closed so I'll have to wait to see what becomes of that.

I looked at their profile here before I posted this. I do not like slamming sponsors. As I type this I'm still not sure if it will actually post or not. They have been asked several questions in their sub-forum that they haven't been a part of. Other members have fielded those questions for them. The last activity from them here was 6-03-2015.

At one time they were a nice place to shop. I really like their FN barrels and uppers. The prices on ammo and mags were excellent. Not so much anymore. Bravo Company is my go to place now. I will not return to PSA.

View attachment 45164

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    Keep in mind PSA is probably the fastest growing AR parts company in the business and the business itself is growing faster than most companies can keep pace with.

The "entry level" manufacturers & distributors - especially those with FFLs who sell directly to customers - are inundated with orders and simply do the best they can to keep pace with demand. People order from PSA, Anderson, etc., because their prices can't be beat. Those "mid level" or higher manufacturers have also seen an uptick but the volume is nowhere near that of PSA. When products sell out daily and email blasts require 15 minute response time someone is ordering.

As said above, you're not going to get the same level of customer service from a company selling cheap equipment at that volume. It's just not going to happen. I know it's frustrating but remember what you paid.

I'm one of those people who has put PSA's product through its paces. Several thousand rounds through a $150 blem lower (complete) and it's still running just fine.

bobcoop06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Marshall County
    For what it's worth, I have placed two orders with PSA in the last month. An upper and BCG, and a rifle kit. Both orders shipped within 24 hours, and I received them within three days. Definitely much better than when I last ordered from them a year or two ago.

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    Well I received an email 2 days ago saying the replacement would arrive tomorrow. I just tracked it and if accurate, is has not even left their facility yet. So much for expedited.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    My PSA runs like a top. Thinking of getting another upper one day from them. BCM does look nice, but their prices are like 2x of the PSA prices. Since my PSA runs perfect I can't imagine what the money could possibly be wasted on. I'd rather spend the money on ammo and go shootin.

mistersmith

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    NWI
    I have been watching their website for a couple of months, I want to build my first AR. Now that I am reading this thread I really am concerned I might not be happy with the company if something goes wrong.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I have been watching their website for a couple of months, I want to build my first AR. Now that I am reading this thread I really am concerned I might not be happy with the company if something goes wrong.

The fact of the matter is that you (or any of us) will not be happy with any company if something goes wrong.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I have that same polished & chromed FCG and LPK w/o the FCG due to arrive on Wednesday, I placed the order Saturday night.

I don't seem to have a problem with shipping. I'll let you know how it goes with inventory and functionality.

LPK & FCG arrived today. All pieces & parts accounted for. On to the build & testing the polished FCG.

Top Bottom