• gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Price, quality, or service. Pick two!

Lol. That was the word back before the great recession. Now you need to have all three to be able to thrive in our economy.

I have had good luck with PSA but haven't bought much from them on my recent builds. Seems like I find better deals with in stock product at other websites.

I would buy from them, but their out of stock issue has been going on so long that they kinda fell off my radar as an AR parts supplier.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I have been watching their website for a couple of months, I want to build my first AR. Now that I am reading this thread I really am concerned I might not be happy with the company if something goes wrong.

Build a list of the parts you want and gather prices. See how much a price difference it would actually be if you built a PSA vs a BCM and others. Once you do that ask yourself if the price difference is worth it. Are you planning on keeping the rifle for a long time vs one just to start with and then upgrade later? If I was planning on keeping one for many years then a $150 difference between a PSA and a BCM is worth it. If I'm just going to shoot it occasionally while I save up the money for a DD then it likely won't matter.

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    LPK & FCG arrived today. All pieces & parts accounted for. On to the build & testing the polished FCG.

Be sure to charge it while you have your trigger pulled and try a very slow reset. Mine went bang when I did that and so did one from Anderson my son had. I really think it has to do with them being polished.

Hopefully my replacement will be here soon so I can try again.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Be sure to charge it while you have your trigger pulled and try a very slow reset. Mine went bang when I did that and so did one from Anderson my son had. I really think it has to do with them being polished.

Roger that. I like the idea of the polished & chromed surface. I'm betting you got one of the small percent that they took too much material off. We shall see.

tmater

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    I have always loved PSA but I've noticed that it seems their deals aren't as great since they launched their new website. But all in all I've had great dealings with them.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Lol. That was the word back before the great recession. Now you need to have all three to be able to thrive in our economy.

I have had good luck with PSA but haven't bought much from them on my recent builds. Seems like I find better deals with in stock product at other websites.

I would buy from them, but their out of stock issue has been going on so long that they kinda fell off my radar as an AR parts supplier.
    I've yet to find anyone that can deliver all three consistently, 2 yes, but all three?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2016
    Columbus
    That sounds very frustrating. Hopefully they get it straightened out quickly.
    I haven't had any issues with them but I have only ordered 2 parts from them so far. Their shipping is very slow is the only complaint I would have but I feel that way about everything except for Amazon since I pretty much only use prime now.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    BCM does look nice, but their prices are like 2x of the PSA prices.

How is BCM double PSA in prices? For comparable products, BCM isn't that much more and BCM has a far and away better CS and QC.
    Quick comparison:
    -BCM 16" Mid-Length Standard Upper-$439+$69(for BCG&Mod 4 CH)+$free BCM Mod O Comp-$90+$20 Mid-Length HG= $528
    -PSA 16" "Premium" Mid-Length Upper-$299+None of their BCGs in stock so let's say $90+$45 for a BCM CH$+No BCM Comp=$434 or $524 with BCM Comp

So how is that double?? Please enlighten us

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Have done business with psa for years, never had a problem with them or midway, midsouth, Natchez all have made mistakes but have went above and beyond to make it right.

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    Replacement showed up today. All in all I guess the timing was not too bad. Not Amazon Prime but not horrible.

Guess I have a small project for the morning.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees

Roger that. I like the idea of the polished & chromed surface. I'm betting you got one of the small percent that they took too much material off. We shall see.

There were no issues with the Palmetto Polished & Chromed FCG. We put ~ 50 rounds through the gun this afternoon. Yesterday we tested it with a gauge, it consistently pulled @ 6 lbs. Because of your experience CZB, I'm reluctant to polish it much -- if at all.

You can read about it here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...cussion/406904-investing-next-generation.html

Last edited:

Willdabeast77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2016
    Charlestown
    I ordered one of PSA's blemished bcg's and it arrived in a week. I looked it over and i couldnt find any cosmetic issues myself, but what i did notice is that it wouldnt cycle any ammunition in my gun. It wouldnt go to full battery unless i jammed on the forward assist like crazy, and even if i did get it to seat you needed two hands to pull back the charging handle to manually cycle it. Took it to my gunsmith and he measured the bolt face and it was .0004's of an inch too small. He put in 3 other bolts from different manufacturers and they all worked flawlessly. And i personally put it one of my brother ls PSA bcg and it worked great. So apparently their stuff is hit and miss. I sent it back, its still in the process so we'll see if they make it right.

Top Bottom