• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    If he got the letters and then didn't demo the guns, he's a moron. Some other strange stuff in the indictment as well.

Sucks that he's going down while the streets are full of switches, but when you're that high-profile ... play by the rules.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Yeah, so reading the indictment he didn't just get some machineguns and then 'forget' to demo them. Him and some chiefs of police operated an illegal importation ring, buying Russian guns against US sanctions, and flipping for fun and profit. Unconfirmed, but maybe to the tune of 7 figures of fun and profit.

I think a lot of people, me included, thought he just got caught up in a perhaps overzealous prosecution for trying to get some toys by creative means. What he's plead guilty to isn't that. Not sorry for him, not sorry for the chiefs of police using their positions to help it along, either. Greed got the better of them, apparently.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Yeah, so reading the indictment he didn't just get some machineguns and then 'forget' to demo them. Him and some chiefs of police operated an illegal importation ring, buying Russian guns against US sanctions, and flipping for fun and profit. Unconfirmed, but maybe to the tune of 7 figures of fun and profit.

I think a lot of people, me included, thought he just got caught up in a perhaps overzealous prosecution for trying to get some toys by creative means. What he's plead guilty to isn't that. Not sorry for him, not sorry for the chiefs of police using their positions to help it along, either. Greed got the better of them, apparently.
    I just read his signed affidavit Not a good thing.

Very sad day

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010

Well... Don't that just change my attitude.

Amazing what a little sunshine can do. Thanks for drawing the curtain on that.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Here is the DOJ press release

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Here is the DOJ press release

Dingleberry

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 12, 2021
    Indiana

Wow, you'd think a ex Delta operator would be smarter than that. Just dumb.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I almost got caught up in scam similar to this!

1993 Ft Carson a Major was asking Soldiers I guess he trusted to pay him $700 and get a return of $1,200.

He stated it would only take a month or two and you needed to sign up for a "marksmanship team".
    I was a new SGT E-5 I don't think I even had $700 our rent was more than our BAQ.

He was using the letterhead for the marksmanship team to attempt to import Styer AUG rifles. FBI got him if I recall he fell under UCMJ and got like 20yrs.

BTW I have attended two of Larry's classes.

Top Bottom