Video from W. Memphis and warning about the "right wing" killing cops.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    lol,

They did not get an OK to get a patrol rifle out on just a speeder, they were given the ok to request an officer to standby with a patrol rifle behind their police car, most likely due to behavior and other indicators. Standing by, and actively deploying are two very different things. In no way, shape, or form did the brass ever state that the rifle would be pointed at someone for just a traffic infraction. Evil black rifle hypocrisy at its finest. If you can sling it and walk down the street legally with it, why cant I?

I dont see what the big deal is, IMO West Memphis is finally catching up to the times. Would a rifle have saved the lives of the two officers who were killed in the line of duty? No. It does however, give the responding officers a long gun to even the playing field.

Let's play a hypothetical situation here, what if the two officers had another unit standing by with patrol rifle ready. Would police officers had been killed still, probably, would the back up unit have a better chance at being able to stop the threat right then, compared to just using his sidearm, probably. Would have put a lot less civilians and LEO at risk.

No liberties are being sacrificed by this decision, and frankly I dont understand your viewpoint on this at all. It seems to me you are just complaining for the sake of it.

IMO every department should issue every officer a patrol rifle, shotgun, and sidearm.
    where did the brass say not to point a weapon at a speeder? once again this is being left to the officer to decide how when and why to deploy weapon. and there are way to many people with badges that closely resemble your avatar that might decide they cant get in the shirt pocket fast enough and karate chops wont do. now we have someone dead for doing 7 miles over the limit because some pizzant got scared.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Attitude I got from this part of your post....

What I took from that is that it doesn't sit well with you that "sovereign citizens" are being profiled. If I read that wrong then my apologies.

YouTube - Sovereign Citizens and Law Enforcement

The video is an awareness video of sorts about homegrown terrorists and the resurgance of them. Like I said, its the boring part of the video. Awareness always seems like a good idea to me. *shrug*

Meh, More pablum from the SPLC and Mark Potok. Look at where there funding comes from, and it will explain their pro-government-at-any-cost propaganda.

They pretty well cheered when the Davidians were attacked.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I just smelled "us vs. them" in that video

You weren't the only one.

The problem lies in the fact that letting the government determine the identity of its "enemies" is essentially letting the fox guard the hen house. Governments by their nature evolve towards tyranny. At least governments of societies of any speakable size. Eventually, the enemy is defined not as the one who threatens the populace but the one who threatens the status quo of the government (and therefore it's power and authority).

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    where did the brass say not to point a weapon at a speeder? once again this is being left to the officer to decide how when and why to deploy weapon. and there are way to many people with badges that closely resemble your avatar that might decide they cant get in the shirt pocket fast enough and karate chops wont do. now we have someone dead for doing 7 miles over the limit because some pizzant got scared.

That's where the rubber meets the road.

It is now within SOP for any secondary car to be able to pull up and that officer get out with an AR simply because they are "backing up" the first officer.

Rarely do I ever see a lone cruiser with a vehicle pulled over unless it's ISP.

SOP means that it's automatically justified and the chief can say "officers were acting within SOP" when they waste some poor SOB for being late to work.

There is nothing wrong with officers having access to semiauto AR's. There is nothing wrong with them deploying them with CAUSE.

There is everything wrong with SOP being a second car/officer can whip out his AR15 "just because".

I do like the idea of "non leo's" being able to stand by with their AR's at the ready in W. Memphis now... "just in case it's a fake leo". Good for the goose...

Top Bottom