Violent protests force cancelation of Yiannopoulos appearance at Berkeley -- WAT

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I don't think the Police dropped the ball at all. They know the schools administration and the city leaders won't support them in any negative interaction with these snowflakes. What are they to do?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Here's what the far-left has in mind.

https://twitter.com/OccupyOakland/status/827007309922476032

Occupy Oakland said:
    We won this night. We will control the streets. We will liberate the land. We will fight fascists. We will dismantle the state. This is war.

C3oewqpUMAA1PQ4.jpg

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Sad that happened. Hence why I don't go around in public wearing things that may make me a target for criminals.

Sadly,
    with some groups that can be the color of your skin. Bad people are bad, regardless of race/religion/political leanings. I've become much happier about not bringing children into this ****storm.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The irony of the Berkeley rioters "fighting fascism" is they'd be the first ones to put people in camps for dissenting in their utopia.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    This type of activity is considered stylish, hence the participants wanting to be seen on social media.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So what has George Takei and the usual empty vessels had to say on this?

Glad you asked, I hadn't seen his feed until I just checked. Usual inciting violence shtick:

George Takei said:
    Il Douché now threatening to cut off federal funds to @UCBerkeley b/c some anarchists grew violent, disrupted a peaceful protest

If Trump signs this (LGBT EO), prepare for an #AmericanSpring the likes of which the nation has never seen.

Hint: If they've got black ski masks and carry crowbars, they aren't peaceful protestors. They're outside agitators trying to discredit us.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The Foundation for Individual Rights in Education has responded to Trump's tweet about de-funding Berkeley:

Of course the rioters are responsible in the end... but what kind of facility of education is teaching people that political violence is counter-fascism? This isn't an isolated event at UC Berkeley.

C3q_vgOWAAA0Muq.jpg:small

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    "Not under our control"

how about a few employees standing by taking pics and expelling students involved in the protest? A blind eye is an approving eye

Lelliott8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2016
    Crawfordsville
    "Not under our control"

how about a few employees standing by taking pics and expelling students involved in the protest? A blind eye is an approving eye

Like I mentioned earlier, these things are only possible in liberal strongholds because there is no resistance. They think they are fighting a war, but they haven't fought against anything except inanimate objects.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    The Foundation for Individual Rights in Education has responded to Trump's tweet about de-funding Berkeley:

Of course the rioters are responsible in the end... but what kind of facility of education is teaching people that political violence is counter-fascism? This isn't an isolated event at UC Berkeley.

C3q_vgOWAAA0Muq.jpg:small
    It is unfortunate that The Foundation for Individual Rights in Education seems silent on the rights of those people interested in hearing the speaker, and those innocent bystanders caught up in the riots and property destruction.

If UC Berkley is private property then do they not to an extent control not only who has access to their campus, but also a duty of care towards all those who are on their property? Also if there are students of the college present and taking an active part in riotous behavior (meaning those not engaged in peaceful protest) are UCB not in a position to discipline those individuals?

If you keep abdicating your responsibilities then there comes a time when that is no longer acceptable.

Top Bottom