• Status
    Not open for further replies.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Small world that some of you guys know this area. It is definitely a predominately Navy area so I can see why that would be a first guess. I’m hoping not to leave the federal gov’t but the only job I see up there is in Crane, IN which is far from her school in Muncie :(

Born in and raised in Norfolk, been in Greenfield, IN for 10 years. I think you'll like it. With a background in chemistry look into the pharmaceutical industry. Around the Indy area there's Roche and Eli Lilly.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Thanks for the help! I’ll be checking on here more frequently as the move gets closer. Hope you all don’t mind me asking questions about the area, etc as I think of them? Thanks again

They close intro threads after a day or so. So don't be surprised when that happens.
    Just open a new thread, in the break room, for questions about the area.

RUGGIERO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Chesapeake
    Thanks again for all the welcoming. I will slowly be becoming more active as I transition from vaguntrader to ingo. I will definitely look into all the suggestions. Look forward to chatting with you all in the future.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I moved from Virginia(Winchester) 20+ years ago. I originally looked at Muncie but it reminded me too much of where I grew up(Flint, MI) so I looked at Kokomo but ultimately settled in Lafayette.

I don't know much about Anderson but logistically it would be a good location.

Welcome!

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    Welcome. Anderson is not a horrible place. It has its pros and cons, like anywhere. I have friends who did the same exact thing (one worked in Anderson and the other commuted to BSU). While they were reasonably happy with it (they went to Indy often), they couldn't wait to leave. But that had more to do with the people. So, it would depend on personalities of the neighborhood. When you start looking in earnest, feel free to PM me. I would be happy to help point out some areas that may be good to look at. Pendleton could also be an option. It's just outside of Anderson. It's a bit smaller, but a nice little city.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I just listed a house we have in Muncie. Bought it to keep the kids in while they went to Ball State. Youngest decided to dorm it her senior year (???) so I worked on it and put it up for sale a few days ago.

Timing is off though as I do not see it still being around by summer... at least I hope not.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    vaguntrader.com

Welcome in..If the above title is your thing--You NEED to get at LEAST 50 QUALITY post in on INGO before you can buy+sell..

Just a thought..

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    . I’m a chemical/nuclear engineer if anyone is hiring

Could be a LITTLE Over qualified for around here??

I GUESS??? a Wal-Mart job could fit in for the short time???

HA.HA.HA. Just messing with you...Welcome again..Bill..

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Welcome to Indiana and INGO!

Location will depend on how much of a commute you and your wife can tolerate. I live in Delaware County just north of Muncie and work in Carmel. If I can get on the road early enough (6am or so), I can be at work in about 55-60 minutes, assuming no stupidity on the roadways. A commute to BSU would be 15 minutes from my house. The Daleville area would be about a 45 minute commute to the north side of Indy, and 15-20 minutes to BSU.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom