• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Wow, youre the first person I've heard of that actually likes crystal head vodka, and not just the bottle.

My suggestions.

Ultimat - Patron company vodka. Blows Goose away in smoothness and has a crisp taste.

Tito's - Texas made vodka, gluten free, very smooth.

Sobieski - Great polish vodka, smooth, no burn. Bruce Willis is involved with this company. And if you don't like him then get behind the brand for giving proceeds to Fisher House. (http://www.fisherhouse.org/news/201...s-partner-to-support-fisher-house-foundation/)

Luksusowa - If you're looking for potato vodka look here, 1/2 the price of Chopin, and just as good. Another great polish vodka.

Burnetts - Now don't laugh here, but if you are just looking for some flavored vodka to mix for the women you CANNOT beat the flavor profile of the burnetts line. Plus its 6.99.

Now if you want something a little different look for TyKu Soju. Soju is the number one spirit in the world. Its a neutral spirit like vodka so it mixes very well. It is also 1/2 the calories of vodka, making it the "original skinny spirit".

YETB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    Indy - West
    re: RUE 33 - no purple here. It's a nice drinking Vodka.

I was a Stoli / then Grey Goose drinker and have been pretty well settled with Rue 33 since it first came out.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    I received Crystal Head as a gift a few years ago. The bottle is still about 2/3 full. It is one of the worst vodkas.

I do like Stoli, Absolut, Smirnoff, Svedka, etc. I like some of the flavored ones as well; three olives bubble, and most of the fruit ones. If I'm in a vodka mood, I usually drink stoli vanil & cranberry.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    I had a Russian co-worker give me a bottle of Old Kazan, it was the best I've had. Sadly I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

1305279596546.jpg

I was drinking Grey Goose, but I usually mix it though so I mostly buy Absolute.

Piobair

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    NWI
    Russian Standard, previously Stoli. But the best I've had was when friends from Russia brought over a huge bottle of Flagship. (Do they bottle vodka in magnums?) The Cyrillic label actually was Flagman, but it was Flagship in English. Very smooth, and I've been looking for it ever since, but I don't think it's imported into the US.

Since it's not official without pictures, here's a photo:

flagship.jpg

Last edited:

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Russian Standard, previously Stoli. But the best I've had was when friends from Russia brought over a huge bottle of Flagship. (Do they bottle vodka in magnums?) The Cyrillic label actually was Flagman, but it was Flagship in English. Very smooth, and I've been looking for it ever since, but I don't think it's imported into the US.

Since it's not official without pictures, here's a photo:

flagship.jpg

^THIS^ is how you drink Vodka.. With a pump no less..

Bert

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Shelbyville
    Indiana Vodka is my favorite for more than a year now . Have to keep it hid from the others in my household or its gone , maybe the wife hides it from me , who knows . when I find it , I has a few .

captpaul

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Indy
    No love for Belvedere?

Honestly, has anyone ever done a blind taste test of several brands? Add anything but water and the lines quickly blur (not including Dark Eyes..lulz)

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Indiana vodka is sold state wide. If your store doesn't carry it ask them to order it from their Olinger rep. The same company also makes a great gin called prohibition gin.

Top Bottom