Status
    Not open for further replies.

45CALifornia

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Mishawaka
    i work at one of these stores, and i was threatened with viol....oh no...PLEASE DON'T SHO<BANG>

all half kidding aside, being from CA, i'd only heard of one of these before seeing this poll. and i work there. i admit i'm biased.

coolcat1104

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Plainfield shooting supplies

I think Bob Cheek does an amazing job at selling his guns at a hair above cost. Is hard to beat him!:ar15:

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    Why vote for the NWI shop when they are charging $50 per gun for a transfer?

They didn't get my vote. Even with the cost of gas I can drive from NWI to 21st Century, do a transfer there, then drive home and spend less money that it would cost to do a transfer at Blythes :xmad:

My sentiments exactly. I don't know how that particular shop has made it to the finals. I live less than 5 miles from said shop. I've bought about 20 guns the past couple of years...none of them from said shop. I'd be more than willing to pay a little extra to buy a gun from a shop down the street, but when I can drive to Mishawaka and back and save a couple hundred dollars on a $600 gun there is something wrong. I don't know if this kind of customer is worthy of attention or not, but I don't get it there. I can't understand how I can pay far less for something and get superior service. The guys in Mishawaka actually appear happy to sell me a good gun at a good price. Maybe things have changed, maybe I should give them another chance..I don't know.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Come on NWI we got a regional store in the finals!
    Vote early, vote often, get the dead to vote, vote again, have "mickey mouse" vote, and vote a 3rd time! :D

-Jedi

Get the dead to vote? This is not the Democrat party, we are INGO. :ingo:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Get the dead to vote? This is not the Democrat party, we are INGO. :ingo:

Hhhhhheeeeeeelllllllloooooo you are talking about NWI INGO here.
    We are the unlucky stronghold of the D party and we are corrupt as Chicago in this part of the woods. :D So off course that corruption is gonna spill into INGO. Don't be suprised if we (NWI INGO) claim voter fraud if our choice does not win. We can't trust you Indy people.
    :D

Why vote for the NWI shop when they are charging $50 per gun for a transfer?

They didn't get my vote. Even with the cost of gas I can drive from NWI to 21st Century, do a transfer there, then drive home and spend less money that it would cost to do a transfer at Blythes :xmad:

My sentiments exactly. I don't know how that particular shop has made it to the finals. I live less than 5 miles from said shop. I've bought about 20 guns the past couple of years...none of them from said shop. I'd be more than willing to pay a little extra to buy a gun from a shop down the street, but when I can drive to Mishawaka and back and save a couple hundred dollars on a $600 gun there is something wrong. I don't know if this kind of customer is worthy of attention or not, but I don't get it there. I can't understand how I can pay far less for something and get superior service. The guys in Mishawaka actually appear happy to sell me a good gun at a good price. Maybe things have changed, maybe I should give them another chance..I don't know.

Jedi speaking on a "personal level"
    I have never been to any of the other stores on the current poll. I have heard that Midwest Gun Exchange is great both in selection of items and customer service and while they are not part of "NWI" in my eyes they are close enough.

Growing up and seeing our town's and region HS teams (football/baseball/etc) never be able to make it to the finals was a bummer. The few times one of our regional teams did make it to me it did not matter if they were an arch-rival of my school or belong to the next city/town over (ie. Hammond, Gary, Crown Point, etc..) all that mattered was that a team from NWI made it to the finals/state and was representing our region finally.

Yes I would have been happier if it was MY shcool's team but alas I take pride in knowing that my region made it and I would support that team since it was from my region as oppose to the big teams in Indy that always seem to win.

So it's that level of excitement I have in this smaller, narrow, "tournament" that is occuring right now here on INGO. Yes Blythe's is not my #1 store, I do like their selection, and somethings they CS is good, sometimes not, but they are Ok for somethings and not for others. However they are my regional store that is now in the finals and thus I'll support them.

As you can see from the poll NWI will once again not win due to the sheer number of members in Indy. It's a repeat of the HS team games again. I'm not saying its right or wrong but it's the same concept that is playing out again.

---Jedi speaching as the unoffical NWI INGO head--
    I PMed out entire NWI INGO social group list and let every one of those members know that this poll was up and one of our regional stores made it and to go and look at the selection of choices and vote for whomever you wanted to.

My "job per say" was to make sure you each knew that the poll was up and hopefully get you to particiapte in the voting. So I am happy that both of you representing NWI did vote. & while you voted against who I personally voted for that is OK! So long as you voted I'm happy as my 300 PMs were not a waste time effort.

BTW if you look here:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-45.html#post2475809

You will see that NWI (Porter County) got a new gunshop that opened up this past week!
    DownRange Dynamics LLC
    http://www.portagegunshop.com/
    2644 Hamstrom Rd.
    Portage, IN 46368
    219-734-6608

There is some talk about it here:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post.html

@esrice
    See my PM regarding all these NWI Gun Shops.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    DUH!!!! SSSSSShhhhh can't you see I'm trying to sneek in 10 buses with "voters" from Chicago before the MODs see me. It's strictly a traning exercise. However we will have to up the dues for NWI INGO members next month to pay for this "training exercise". ;)

With an avatar like Grand Admiral Thrawn, I would think you would just cook up some clones to register and vote!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I think Bob Cheek does an amazing job at selling his guns at a hair above cost. Is hard to beat him!:ar15:

I agree completely! I have done most of my business with Bob for about 10 years and really like the shop. More important, he is a really great person in a society in which trust becomes more scarce every day.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    With an avatar like Grand Admiral Thrawn, I would think you would just cook up some clones to register and vote!

Ok now you know the super secret master plan so please wait for the white & black van with the imperial troopers that will take you to get your re-education soon. :D

vwarren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    greenfield
    I drive from greenfield to go to PSS. i have been to about every shop in and around indy and have not found better service, prices and trade in value anywhere!

dlang0920

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    i have gotten great deals at both plainfield and bradis but bradis is only minutes away from my house ..wow decisions decisions

Spaatzman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    OK, never been to any of the others to be completely honest. But I'm super impressed with 21st Century. Great guys, informative. Inventory is great and from what I can tell very reasonably priced.

Colts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2011
    Roundabout Circle City
    I have been to three of these and heard good things about the other two; I do not think you will go wrong by working with any of the shops on the list.

I have my favorite, for which I voted, but why only shop one when there is always something new at one of the others?

Best of Luck to all the remaining shops.

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    Plainfield Shooting Supply has better prices and better deals on trades. They have my vote.

But I've done business with Midwest and they are very good too. I was trying to order a a revolver and none of the shops were really interested and helping me find one. I called Midwest and he found the only one left in the US and called me back within 5 minutes. And, I got a discount for being a repeat customer.

Bradis is good too but I've never been able to work (what I thought was) a reasonable trade with them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom