• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Rather than a wasted vote, voting for the Libertarian in any race is the only vote that the D's and R's pay attention to. It tells the older parties that you have seen through the smoke screen they put up and you are no longer fooled. It tells them loud and clear that you demand a return to a fiscally responsible government that is actually small enough to fit inside the Constitution. They both ignore any other vote!

THIS!!!!

I answered the question in a similar thread. You are not wasting a vote by voting for Rebecca!!!!!!! This is who we need to represent Indiana, not an obama-messiah puppet, and not a politician turned lobbyist turned politician.
    Vote for Rebecca Sink-Burris!!!

And no I am not being paid to say these things!!!:D

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Rather than a wasted vote, voting for the Libertarian in any race is the only vote that the D's and R's pay attention to. It tells the older parties that you have seen through the smoke screen they put up and you are no longer fooled. It tells them loud and clear that you demand a return to a fiscally responsible government that is actually small enough to fit inside the Constitution. They both ignore any other vote!

Absolutely true.

Sadly, so many treat their vote as if its only possible usefulness is to be counted against one single candidate. By simply voting for their second least favorite, many will relegate their vote to count for only the perpetual monopoly of the worst and nearly as bad.

Many of those who continue to repeat their silly ritual will still try to claim that the steady demise of worthwhile candidates from the worst or nearly as bad parties isn't their fault.

Sorry, 2 party-only voters, it's exclusively your fault. Neither of those parties even counted your vote.

They'll see mine. And it does count.

Kudos to you, Rebecca. :patriot:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

:patriot:

Too bad some people are content with evil. Lesser or greater, they don't seem to care.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    That's me. Content with evil. That's why I vote the way I do, because I'm content with evil.

Maybe if you and everyone else that didn't think 3rd party would have a chance, that would change things. Of course, I could be wrong. You know, people seeing third party winning 49% of the vote would never make others think they had a chance in hell so it's not even worth the effort. Right?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Maybe if you and everyone else that didn't think 3rd party would have a chance would actually vote 3rd party, that would change things. Of course, I could be wrong. You know, people seeing third party winning 49% of the vote would never make others think they had a chance in hell so it's not even worth the effort. Right?

FTFMS.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Maybe if you and everyone else that didn't think 3rd party would have a chance, that would change things. Of course, I could be wrong. You know, people seeing third party winning 49% of the vote would never make others think they had a chance in hell so it's not even worth the effort. Right?

I didn't start thinking about this stuff yesterday, you know.

I've voted third party in the past, I've checked out and thought hard about joining the Libertarian Party, I've followed closely every third party movement that is similar to my values.

I've come to believe that my vote does the most good voting straight Republican. That's not a mindless choice, in fact, experience tells me that the sophistication of what seems on the surface to be a simplistic strategy eludes most peoples' understanding.

I think voting third party actually harms the goals of most of the people who vote that way.

My argument with you is the simplistic and moralistic way you dismiss those of us who might perhaps know even more about these things than you do, have been around longer, and still believe another way works better.

You and I are basically on the same side of most issues. Yet you dismiss your natural allies as being, "content with evil."

Shame on you. Now go to your room, and no guns for you for an hour.:D

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I didn't start thinking about this stuff yesterday, you know.

I've voted third party in the past, I've checked out and thought hard about joining the Libertarian Party, I've followed closely every third party movement that is similar to my values.

I've come to believe that my vote does the most good voting straight Republican. That's not a mindless choice, in fact, experience tells me that the sophistication of what seems on the surface to be a simplistic strategy eludes most peoples' understanding.

I think voting third party actually harms the goals of most of the people who vote that way.

My argument with you is the simplistic and moralistic way you dismiss those of us who might perhaps know even more about these things than you do, have been around longer, and still believe another way works better.

You and I are basically on the same side of most issues. Yet you dismiss your natural allies as being, "content with evil."

Shame on you. Now go to your room, and no guns for you for an hour.:D

Yes daddy. :laugh:

I'll admit, I'm not an old fogey :) like a lot of you guys so I haven't been voting as long as you all. However, I've been voting R every election because I thought they'd do the most good. However, I'd say Bush and his cronies did the worst power grab in history in one single bill. The Patriot Act. Then, in compromising all I knew to be good, I voted for McCain, only later to learn how supportive of the Health Care Bill he actually was.

I can no longer compromise away my beliefs to just keep someone else from winning. That's why I will no longer vote lesser of two evils.

I'll leave it be. Everyone is entitled to their vote. However wasted :): I think it may be.

:D

Raoc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    I don't have a problem with people voting R if that is how they feel to best apply their vote. There are many people who for one reason or another will never vote for a libertarian or third-party candidate. I, for one, will plan on always voting for the candidate that best represents my interests. Everyone keeps screaming for change, but keeps electing the same people and the same parties over and over. In this election, I simply cannot bring myself to vote for Coats. He represents everything that is wrong with the Republican Party.

It should be obvious to anyone that watched the debate the other night that Rebecca Sink-Burris is the only one of the three with any interest in actually solving problems. She gets my vote. I have realistic expectations of her chances of winning, but I'm not going to vote for unacceptable candidates anymore.

:twocents:

Top Bottom