• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Barrel burn? How many shots were fired before it jammed? Not sure how hot the muzzle would get at a magazine-worth or fewer rounds, but the shape of the wound looks like it's a possibility.

(I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV nor on the internet, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night...)

You can get burns from friction, not just from hot surfaces.

I imagine fighting over a gun might generate enough friction to burn your hands even if the steel of the barrel is not hot enough to burn your skin.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/n...ffle-house-shooting-was-ar-15-pro-gun-culture

Here we go.
    The blame goes to.. the AR-15

I think it’s important for us to say this, that if he [the shooter] didn’t have an AR-15, right, he wouldn’t have been able to kill four people so quickly, in my view

Oh really?

Is it me, or does it seem... after so long with ARs being used in crimes being relatively low... that now it seems that there's a spike in situations where they are used for bad purposes? Not to go tinfoil, but the false flag idea did cross my mind.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Is it me, or does it seem... after so long with ARs being used in crimes being relatively low... that now it seems that there's a spike in situations where they are used for bad purposes? Not to go tinfoil, but the false flag idea did cross my mind.

Well, it's in the news. over and over and over.
    Hammered day after day, hour after hour.
    So, when idiots decide to up the ante, guess what comes to mind.

When they used to talk about suicide, the same way, over and over, throughout the day, day after day, guess what happened to suicides... they skyrocketed. Then, they went back to saying it happened, a little about it, and moved on.
    Guess what happened to suicides.. went down.

So the media is partner in causing this crap.
    Not the cause.. but complicit.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

You, with a tinfoil hat! I think with all the hype the media puts on them as "weapons of war" and other such nonsense is why there is a possible spike in shooters using them. I say possible spike only because every other shooting where an Ar is not used doesn't fit the agenda, so all the media wants to obsess about is the shootings involving Ars.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    :tinfoil: Dr.Jonas and MK Ultra is alive and well.

290rp5.jpg

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN

When I bought my first AR in 1994, only a quarter to half my shooting friends had one, and typically just one. Fast forward to now and millions own one I would guess. So while publicity may play some part, more crazies have them now.

Remember the Hollywood FBI shootout, bad guys had a Mini-14. Stockton Ca = AKM.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Hate to compliment the shooter but he did have good taste. Saw the list of four guns seized from him back when he was arrested by the Secret Service. Included a Kimber Pro Carry II, CZ-452 and the AR. Couldn't catch the fourth.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    When I bought my first AR in 1994, only a quarter to half my shooting friends had one, and typically just one. Fast forward to now and millions own one I would guess. So while publicity may play some part, more crazies have them now.

True.
    It's like hyping up that Ford F-150s are the trucks the most popular. (Just an example).
    Then someone figures out, that when trucks are used in crimes, it seems to be more likely F-150s.
    Well, it's because they're popular.

Just like the AR platform. One of the most popular platforms in the rifle category.
    Been around since the 1960s (or was it the 50s).

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

It was all about the patents in the early 90s.

Little History-(Mostly Correct)
    [video=youtube;pKVBeZkqDxU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKVBeZkqDxU[/video]

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    It was all about the patents in the early 90s.

Little History-(Mostly Correct)
    [video=youtube;pKVBeZkqDxU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKVBeZkqDxU[/video]

Well true, they were available, just more expensive. I think I paid around $450-500 for my Bushmaster Dissipater.

BTW, is everyone seeing the video posted above? lately all the videos posted are showing up as black rectangles for me.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Well true, they were available, just more expensive. I think I paid around $450-500 for my Bushmaster Dissipater.

BTW, is everyone seeing the video posted above? lately all the videos posted are showing up as black rectangles for me.

The one I see has a white chick in it. What does race have to do with this anyway? :dunno:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

All I see is black boxes.
    I have to go to "Reply With Quote"
    The copy the address of the video to a new window.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

True.
    It's like hyping up that Ford F-150s are the trucks the most popular. (Just an example).
    Then someone figures out, that when trucks are used in crimes, it seems to be more likely F-150s.
    Well, it's because they're popular.

Just like the AR platform. One of the most popular platforms in the rifle category.
    Been around since the 1960s (or was it the 50s).

When the last big scare hit, what happened to AR's?

They sold every one they could. Companies that never made ARs started selling them. The country was practically flooded with them after Sandy Hook. It's no wonder they're now seen in more crimes...Maybe they (the gun haters and the ones that spur the runs and buying binges) ought to consider their role in all of this.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    When the last big scare hit, what happened to AR's?

They sold every one they could. Companies that never made ARs started selling them. The country was practically flooded with them after Sandy Hook. It's no wonder they're now seen in more crimes...Maybe they (the gun haters and the ones that spur the runs and buying binges) ought to consider their role in all of this.

I bet many people bought them when they were talking about banning them, then they sold them when they realized they had no use for it and that no ban was coming.

Some people not even into guns probably bought a couple of them when they were $500 a piece thinking they would be worth thousands in a few months.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I bet many people bought them when they were talking about banning them, then they sold them when they realized they had no use for it and that no ban was coming.

Some people not even into guns probably bought a couple of them when they were $500 a piece thinking they would be worth thousands in a few months.

Even if you're right, that furthers my point. Actions have consequences. ;)

Top Bottom