• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well, the shooter believed Taylor Swift was stalking him.

Just yesterday, Taylor Swift's house was broken into by another nutter who slept in her bed and jerked in her shower.

She attracts all the crazies.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Tony Katz on WIBC mentioned the murderer was a sovie this morning. Why is it anytime we hear about one of these guys there are crimes and seriously bad stuff? There may be a trend here.
    Hmm, a philosophy that says you can declare yourself exempt from all laws and taxes but still allow you to enjoy all the benefits that society offers. Who would that appeal to? Those that have trouble functioning and succeeding, emotionally troubled, violent, insane. Everybody would love a Free Pass but most of us realize that they don't exist.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, that guy man'd it up. Kudos to a guy doing something we all hope we would be able to do, in a situation like that.

He was the lead interview on the Today Show this morning. Glad he answered the call when he had the chance.

Yes. We all hope we can respond as he did.

This is not a decision you can reliably make at the time something happens; you decide ahead of time that you will refuse to be a helpless victim. The only decisions you have to make at the time are tactical decisions on how to be most effective in your resistance.
    He did it right.
    Avoid, Deny, Defend.
    Avoid the problem if that is possible. Lock and/or barricade the door if you see it coming and can do so.
    Deny the attacker access to more victims. Hide or evacuate the non-combatants, if possible.
    Defend, violently and decisively. The only thing he might have done better is beat the attacker with the gun rather than throw it over the counter. There are no rules in a fight for your life. Ambush the attacker if you can. Go for the throat and eyes or any target that presents itself.
    The attacker intends to kill you, don't sell your life cheaply.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Yeah, that guy man'd it up. Kudos to a guy doing something we all hope we would be able to do, in a situation like that.

9YvfStV.jpg

He was humble too....He cracked me up when he said, and I am paraphrasing, "I'm not a hero...I was just trying to get out of there and he was in my way...."

(actual quote) “I don’t really know, when everyone said that, it feels selfish,” Shaw Jr. said. “I was just trying to get myself out. I saw the opportunity and pretty much took it.”

I hope they catch that SOB....He bore an uncanny resemblance to the parkland shooter.....Crazy eyes both.....

15187149333185.jpg
    screen-shot-2018-04-22-at-10-48-40-am.png

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    https://www.leoaffairs.com/waffle-house-shooter-authorities-currently-seeking-sovereign-citizen/

Waffle House shooter authorities are currently seeking is a sovereign citizen

Of course, this particular one was seriously delusional (maybe that's true for all Sovereign Citizen types?), so who knows if his brain was capable of assembling a coherent ideology. This isn't the first time he's gone around naked, or threatened people with his guns. He previously accused Taylor Swift of stalking him, hacking his Netflix, and telling him to meet her. His family has intervened multiple times, and have taken responsibility for him (and his firearms) multiple times.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Of course, this particular one was seriously delusional (maybe that's true for all Sovereign Citizen types?), so who knows if his brain was capable of assembling a coherent ideology. This isn't the first time he's gone around naked, or threatened people with his guns. He previously accused Taylor Swift of stalking him, hacking his Netflix, and telling him to meet her. His family has intervened multiple times, and have taken responsibility for him (and his firearms) multiple times.

And yet the father gave him back his guns. The father is somewhat culpable for what has happened. What kind of idiot gives a crazy person a firearm?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I did enjoy reading the interview of the guy that stopped the shooter; his bluntness was refreshing "I didn't do it to be a hero, I did it to avoid being dead" (heavily paraphrased). I believe if more people took this stance these types of situations would dwindle.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    He was humble too....He cracked me up when he said, and I am paraphrasing, "I'm not a hero...I was just trying to get out of there and he was in my way...."

(actual quote) “I don’t really know, when everyone said that, it feels selfish,” Shaw Jr. said. “I was just trying to get myself out. I saw the opportunity and pretty much took it.”

Whether he was a hero during the shooting or not, he's now my hero for saying that!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Not an NRA member but a Taylor Swift fan?

I think we know who that little brown shirt kid is going to go after here.
    Her stalkerish behavior and bullying caused this. BOYCOT TAYLOR SWIFT!

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    And yet the father gave him back his guns. The father is somewhat culpable for what has happened. What kind of idiot gives a crazy person a firearm?

Given Illinois' laws, and the revocation of the shooter's FOID when the father took possession of the shooter's firearms, I suspect that Illinois very well may hold the father criminally liable. Certainly, there will be civil suits from families of the victims. As there should be, in both cases. The father is absolutely complicit in the harm his son caused.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Getting into a fire fight with a guy with an AR is one of those things that makes me think I would want more than 6 or 7 rounds in my gun....

This is exactly why I am buying a Sig P365 when I see one. Love my Shield .45, but a 9mm with 5 rounds left in the mag beats a .45 Shield at slide lock.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Getting into a fire fight with a guy with an AR is one of those things that makes me think I would want more than 6 or 7 rounds in my gun....

At the distances involved in this case 6 or 7 should suffice......if you are proficient with your carry side arm but there are already 2 or 3 threads going right now on this topic.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is not a decision you can reliably make at the time something happens; you decide ahead of time that you will refuse to be a helpless victim. The only decisions you have to make at the time are tactical decisions on how to be most effective in your resistance.
    He did it right.
    Avoid, Deny, Defend.
    Avoid the problem if that is possible. Lock and/or barricade the door if you see it coming and can do so.
    Deny the attacker access to more victims. Hide or evacuate the non-combatants, if possible.
    Defend, violently and decisively. The only thing he might have done better is beat the attacker with the gun rather than throw it over the counter. There are no rules in a fight for your life. Ambush the attacker if you can. Go for the throat and eyes or any target that presents itself.
    The attacker intends to kill you, don't sell your life cheaply.

I was wondering why he did not continue with the beat down. But is a flight or die situation I suppose we all would react differently.
    If the rifle was in my control I am pretty sure what would have happened next.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Sure. And my own AR. And a vest. And a helmet. And friends with ARs and vests and helmets.

Truth is you generally run out of time before ammo, though. You're either going to put him down (or convince him to flee) before he turns on you or you're chances of having a bad day go up quite a bit.

Top Bottom