Wait, Tony Bennett IS a lying liar who lies to help his buddies?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Well, to be fair, Bennett was ousted by a massive effort on the part of teachers who balked at being held accountable for their results. And the fact that Ritz ran on a platform opposing the Common Core as it was dished up by back-room policy-makers. (So far, she's making good on her promises too.) His corruption didn't really start coming to light until after he vacated the seat.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Wrong. Teacher protested at being held accountable for bad parents who couldn't be bothered to feed their kids, or spend time with them studying, or making sure they did their homework.

Well, to be fair, Bennett was ousted by a massive effort on the part of teachers who balked at being held accountable for their results. And the fact that Ritz ran on a platform opposing the Common Core as it was dished up by back-room policy-makers. (So far, she's making good on her promises too.) His corruption didn't really start coming to light until after he vacated the seat.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Wrong. Teacher protested at being held accountable for bad parents who couldn't be bothered to feed their kids, or spend time with them studying, or making sure they did their homework.

What a crock of ****. If I had a nickel for all the times I've heard how indispensable teachers are to the future of this country, I'd be richer than I am. Teachers can't have it both ways. They are either miracle workers preparing our children for the future or merely disseminators of information with no responsibility to see that it sticks. Pick one. Frankly, I don't care because my kids aren't subject to the debacle of government education and the raping of the American public. But I am incensed at being sold a bill of goods. You take my money, you'd damn well better give what you promised. Plenty of kids find a way to learn without the parental support of which you speak. I see no reason why someone who claims to be the shiz-nitz can't stomach a little grading of his/her performance.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I've got a few good teachers, but most of them make no effort to hide the fact that they are leftists. If you disagree you will be targeted and your grade will be dropped. No sense going to the upper levels though; they're just as on board with the left's rhetoric as the teachers. Don't fool yourself, educators are out to secure their paychecks, not your children's education. The only education they do is rewriting history to meet their rhetoric.

I could start on about teachers' unions, but I'm afraid to take us off-topic any farther.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    What a crock of ****. If I had a nickel for all the times I've heard how indispensable teachers are to the future of this country, I'd be richer than I am. Teachers can't have it both ways. They are either miracle workers preparing our children for the future or merely disseminators of information with no responsibility to see that it sticks. Pick one. Frankly, I don't care because my kids aren't subject to the debacle of government education and the raping of the American public. But I am incensed at being sold a bill of goods. You take my money, you'd damn well better give what you promised. Plenty of kids find a way to learn without the parental support of which you speak. I see no reason why someone who claims to be the shiz-nitz can't stomach a little grading of his/her performance.

They *are* graded on their performance already. Trust me. My wife's district fired bad teachers last year. Here's the deal. Teachers historically have been given freedom to teach in the manner that they saw fit. They had the ability to *think* for themselves and to come up with curriculum that actually interested students. Now, since we've gone with so much standardized testing (courtesy of Mr. Bennett in part) and their pay is in part determined by how their kids produce on these tests, guess what? They are now teaching to the test. Big shock.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I've got a few good teachers, but most of them make no effort to hide the fact that they are leftists. If you disagree you will be targeted and your grade will be dropped. No sense going to the upper levels though; they're just as on board with the left's rhetoric as the teachers. Don't fool yourself, educators are out to secure their paychecks, not your children's education. The only education they do is rewriting history to meet their rhetoric.

I could start on about teachers' unions, but I'm afraid to take us off-topic any farther.

I call shenanigans on them dropping your grades because you disagree with their politics. And what's wrong with making sure you can provide a home and food for your family? Last time I checked that was a pretty important item. Is it the MOST important item to a teacher? Maybe, I don't know. Not in my house. My wife hasn't gotten a raise in 3 years as a teacher thanks to Daniels and Bennett.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Didn't he leave his heart... Oh, never mind.

Mr. Kane approves;)

clap-gif.gif

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I can think of one good thing Bennett did for the kids. Made the kids go a full 180 days, no half days unless an emergency situation arose. Before he started enforcing that, I couldn't count how many half days the township would have for stupid reasons.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I can think of one good thing Bennett did for the kids. Made the kids go a full 180 days, no half days unless an emergency situation arose. Before he started enforcing that, I couldn't count how many half days the township would have for stupid reasons.

and OMG have you heard the shrieking over that...

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    and OMG have you heard the shrieking over that...

As a parent and the spouse of an educator I can see both sides of this issue. Teachers NEED time to collaborate with each other and to research/present new methods of teaching to each other. Let's face it, if you have kids all day long, you can't exactly just leave them and go work with other teachers as needed.

As a parent I hated it, I still hate late starts when the weather is bad. Messes up my schedule big time for getting to work.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I call shenanigans on them dropping your grades because you disagree with their politics.

I threatened a lawsuit against my local school system, got him moved to a different school inside the township within a week of the problem, and my son's grades haven't suffered for it despite me not being on their Christmas card list.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I threatened a lawsuit against my local school system, got him moved to a different school inside the township within a week of the problem, and my son's grades haven't suffered for it despite me not being on their Christmas card list.

Fair enough. I had some bad teachers too. I even swore at one who was a complete jerk to me in high school. Doesn't mean all teachers are that bad, nor do all teachers want to "indoctrinate" your children to be sheep.

Think about most professions, none of them are 100% public facing like education. There are bad accountants, bad computer programmers, bad garbage men, but since they don't interact with the public much, nobody knows.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There is good and bad in every profession from bus-boy to President (had to get that in there) and we have all experienced more than a few bad teachers along the road. Bad bosses, spouses......the list is endless.

I am experienceing a bad spell check right now....f that darned teacher had done a better job with me I would not need it.

Top Bottom