Wait, Tony Bennett IS a lying liar who lies to help his buddies?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    You and I aren't going to agree, so I'm done talking.

Gee, that should have been obvious long ago. I have no problem not agreeing. Think my position has been consistent, clear and unwavering based on accountability for educators, government officials, parents, children and involved citizens. Emotionally driven opinions are lacking in the depth or breadth of rational thought of sufficient weight to present a compelling argument.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Gee, that should have been obvious long ago. I have no problem not agreeing. Think my position has been consistent, clear and unwavering based on accountability for educators, government officials, parents, children and involved citizens. Emotionally driven opinions are lacking in the depth or breadth of rational thought of sufficient weight to present a compelling argument.

And I think that somebody who games the system for $$$ should be put in prison. You're not even on topic with your conversation, consistently bringing in what you see Ritz as doing as a side note. You're not even acknowledging that Tony denied somebody in the public sector the EXACT same "changes" he gave a school that his buddy owned.

Oh well, it's been fun.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Bogwalker thats one of the most shallow comments ive read on here. Perhaps you should talk to a few teachers WHO CARE about how they feel whats wrong with the system, the kids, and parents before you make comments such as teachers only care about thier paychecks. I can give you the numbers of at least 15 teachers who care if your child learns his math or not.

Last edited:

octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    And I think that somebody who games the system for $$$ should be put in prison. You're not even on topic with your conversation, consistently bringing in what you see Ritz as doing as a side note. You're not even acknowledging that Tony denied somebody in the public sector the EXACT same "changes" he gave a school that his buddy owned.

Oh well, it's been fun.

Thought you were done? Ritz is hardly a side note. Her office is where the leaks came from. She is the one issuing press releases based on cherry picked snippets. She is the one running her mouth before an independent, complete and thorough investigation is finished. She says it is clear Mr. Bennett changed the grade of the Cristel House. HE ALREADY ADMITTED THAT AND STATED WHY. Someone was denied the EXACT same changes in the public sector? Where are the facts to back up "EXACT same changes". The STAR, various TV reporters, and Ms. Ritz do not have the facts.

Ms. Ritz won the election. Shut UP and fix the schools in accordance with her ideas. Let her record speak for itself come next election.

While the adults are having a spitball fight the kids are forgotten. If you give a crap about the kids, ALL adults should be held accountable. Time to stop the political posturing and campaigning for the next election cycle.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    There's a HUGE difference between preparing young people for success and giving them a diploma.

Crappy academic, discipline and other polices are killing the schools, as far as teaching goes. Shoving a bunch of kids out with a tag that says "graduated" to keep government money coming is has poisoned the whole system.

There is way more than needs to be done and IMHO nobody is willing to revamp things as needed or call the BS out.

octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    A non-partisan Education reform group is now turning over rocks and questioning the timing of the AP story that started it all. Looking more like a selective leak from Glenda Ritz office. Timing of the AP story and subsequent press releases lined up with deadlines for tasks established by the legislature the current administration has missed. The charge leveled at Mr. Bennett that he changed the grading system for the benefit of just one Charter School is now found to be false. There was a change in the grading system that investigations are now finding raised the grade of over 100 schools, both public and charter.

Investigation now reveals Ms. Ritz changed teacher pay evaluation standards, on her own, just prior to the ISTEP test results release. The timing of the change is certainly suspect since the ISTEP results were expected to be poor due to the testing system interruption. Hmmmm - A pre-emptive change to protect teachers (supporters and buddies of Ms. Ritz) from expected bad ISTEP results. WOW, the pot calling the kettle black!

The Education Reform group spokesman (voted for Ms. Ritz) is calling the actions of Ms. Ritz and her office nothing but political maneuvering to discredit Mr. Bennett. This distraction is based on the personal agenda of Ms. Ritz and she is derelict in the performance of her elected duties, doing nothing to improve the education of our children.

This is far from over and an independent investigation still remains to be completed. However, it is clear that if we conclude Mr. Bennett is guilty of actions to benefit his supporters, Ms. Ritz is guilty of exactly the same crime.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Yeah, this is a big cluster-fish. If Glenda did wrong, she needs to be punished too.

I think I need to head up that office, I don't take crap from anybody, yet *get* how education should run. And nobody in the GOP would want to give me money so I should be safe from bribes from 95% of Indiana politicians…..

Top Bottom